Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Suggestion] Hosts file protection change

Well, WebWasher doesn't even seem to exist as a home-user stand-alone proxy software anymore, that would be a point for a change I have to admit
    I guess this calls for some thorough testing of currently available proxy software.

(btw, the more I search for resources on the speed advantages of 0.0.0.0 over 127.0.0.1, the more opinions I find... for both sides, with 0.0.0.0 slightly leading )

Since I agree this is an important topic, I've created a project manager entry about it.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Well, I once had my entire (69000 lines long) HOSTS file containing all 127.0.0.1 entries, since changing them to 0.0.0.0 all browsing and internet related actions are much more fluent, no more waiting times for connection to time out, with 0.0.0.0 you immediatelly get a blank page, I use a whole bunch of proxy related tools, Proxomitron, my Firewall Kerio 2.1.5, all are much more happy using the 0.0.0.0 standard for the hosts list.

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Well, WebWasher doesn't even seem to exist as a home-user stand-alone proxy software anymore, that would be a point for a change I have to admit
    I guess this calls for some thorough testing of currently available proxy software.

(btw, the more I search for resources on the speed advantages of 0.0.0.0 over 127.0.0.1, the more opinions I find... for both sides, with 0.0.0.0 slightly leading )

Since I agree this is an important topic, I've created a project manager entry about it.
    Cool !!!