Thread: What should I do now?

Default What should I do now?

I really don't know why I am even bothering you all. I hate to say it, but I can get spreadsheets or powerpoints etc, to do anything I want, but really don't understand a lot about the working parts (and non-working parts! lol) of a computer.
    Somehow I got infected with some kind of spyware/adware, and it is getting unbelievably worse. I downloaded and installed spybot (and updated it before I even ran a scan) It found 119 items, and deleted them. But it is still just as bad. As a matter of fact, for awhile I couldn't even get internet explorer to stay up long enough to connect to anything.
    To give you an idea how bad I am though, if I bring up the task manager, I have 51 processes running, and don't have a clue what should be there and what shouldn't. (The adware people should be required by fed law to have "CRAP" somewhere in their files, so people like me can recognize them)
    Is there any hope for me to be able to do something myself to at least get me functioning again until I can afford to take it in somewhere to be professionally cleaned and fixed? Or am I a completely hopeless case?

Thanks for anything you can help me with
    Vickey
    BTW sorry about any typo's or misspellings, it's taken me about 20 minutes, and 2 reconnects to get this much done, I don't want to take any extra time for proof reading, so hope you can make the post out OK

Hi there.
    Please go here and follow instructions. Do what you can.
    Before you post a log

Start a topic here:
    Malware Forum

As you are having such problems I will ask a helper to take a look at your topic asap.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016