Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Popups continue as I try to post right now!

Default okay, it worked!

So, I wonder why I can't post from my other computer...the problem one?....

Default Just an update on the situation..

I was able to log into the spybot home page via the upper right hand boxes, BUT, the minute I clicked on the Malware Removal Forum, and tried to post, I was kicked back out again and asked to log in again. every attempt then leads back to the same login page.

Security Expert-Emeritus steamwiz's Avatar

Hi

Well done with finding the program causing the error message

Sounds like you may have a corrupt cookie for these forums ... try deleting it,then when you log in again a new cookie will be created ..

You should find the cookie here :-

C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Cookies

it will look like this :-

your user name@forums.spybot.txt

steam
    MICROSOFT MVP - Security 2004/9 .member of ASAP since 2004 - member of U.N.I.T.E

Default Yay! You are awesome!

Looks like that cookie was corrupt alright!

Any idea about the failure of the test for vulnerability to clipboard items?

That's the last thing!

I've really learned a lot too!

Thx!

Default Actually, the cookie deletion and new creation did not work!

What I ended up doing was...going into ZoneAlarm and to Privacy. There, I found spybot.com and checked to allow all cookies (the third party one was blocked) from spybot.com. Is this okay?

Hi

What I ended up doing was...going into ZoneAlarm and to Privacy. There, I found spybot.com and checked to allow all cookies (the third party one was blocked) from spybot.com. Is this okay?
    Some third party cookies collect data on you, others have a dubious privacy policy,but you have to weigh up what works best for you... it will be OK to allow all cookies in Zonealarm, but make sure you check which cookies are allowed in IE ...

In IE click > Tools > Internet Options > Privacy tab ...

Make sure it is set to Medium

Any idea about the failure of the test for vulnerability to clipboard items?
    Could you be more specific please ... what test is this you refer to ?

steam
    MICROSOFT MVP - Security 2004/9 .member of ASAP since 2004 - member of U.N.I.T.E

Wink My Privacy setting it set for "Custom" ...

and I also have it set to "prompt" for both first and third party cookies. Will this work, or should I change it to "medium"?

AS for the other question, I am referring to the document which you recommended I read on How I got INfected in the First Place by Tony Klein. At the end of that document, there is a site you can go to called "Jason Levine's Browser Security Tests." I am specifically referring to the "Javascript Clipboard Access Test," which apparently shows if another server can access my clipboard. It recommends that I locate a button under the scripting section in Settings under Tools, Internet Options, Security, Custom Level, called "Allow Paste Operations via script." But my browser doesn't have that option. The closest option I can find to it reads, "Allow Porgrammatic clipboard access." I set it to "prompt." My browser also has an option entitled,"Allow websites to prompt for information using scripted windows." This one is enabled.

Hi

I would suggest the medium setting for cookies, this saves you having to decide whether to allow a cookie or not, based on it's reputation... but if you feel that you can decide which ones to allow or not ... then by all means use the custom/advanced settings to override automatic cookie handling.

As for the "Allow Paste Operations via script" ... that's what it was called in IE6 ...IE7 says "Allow Programmatic clipboard access" ...prompt is the correct setting ...

RE: "Allow websites to prompt for information using scripted windows." This one is enabled. this should be set to DISABLE

steam

Default Thanx!

I know I said this many times, but I just want to say it once more. You are really awesome. I wish you all the best and I will refer this site to all my friends and family and urge everyone I know to make donations too!

Everything seems to be AOK now!:

Default Ps

Give my regards to the White Rose. I went to Lancaster Uni.