Thread: Updater doesn't react - freeze issue

Exclamation Updater doesn't react - freeze issue

Hi Team Spybot,

I use RC1 with newest Updates. A few minutes ago I open Spybot S&D. Then I click on "Update". After about 20 seconds I click on "Search"... but there was no reaction... 5 min gone... Spybot freezes... :-(

The Taskmanager says: "Keine Rückmeldung" (No feedback) I can't do something any longer with Spybot.

Have a nice weekend.

-Matt-
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt

That sounds a bit spooky, since the updater is a separate application, and even if the updater should freeze, Spybot-S&D would not freeze.

If you hadn't mentioned clicking on "search", I would have guessed that you've run it from a network drive and the Windows dialog which asks whether to run the app or not is in the background (thus blocking Spybot-S&D)...

So, just to make sure: you're speaking about the new, separate update window, right?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

I don't run it from a network. I had this freeze issue with the new, separate update window AND with Spybot SD.exe... I can't do anything... taskmanager said no feedback to both windows... both applications freezes...

I also want you to know that I have this problem about 20% when I try to update... Spybot running on Windows XP Home (Service Pack 2)... same problem with Windows 2000 Professional (Service Pack 4)... but only since 1.5 beta

I don't know why I have this problem... hope you can help me... because I think it's not a bug, etc...
    Last edited by Matt; 2007-08-26 at 13:55.

Matt

Can nobody help me ??

Matt