Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Fixed] SBSD Security Service

Default [Fixed] SBSD Security Service

Hello,
    I am using Windows Vista x64 Ultimate and Spybot SD 1.5 RC1. There are some entries on my event viewer:
    A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SBSD Security Center Service service to connect.
    The SBSD Security Center Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

What is happening ?

Let me check if the .exe installer also created the proper service dependency - from the .msi installer I remember that we had to manually add a dependency to "wscsvc" (without that, it might start before the Windows Security Service itself, in which case it might fail).

edit: yes, there's a registry value missing:
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBSDWSCService\DependOnService, of type REG_MULTI_SZ, needs to contain "wscsvc".
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Error 1075 - SBSD Security Center Service error

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Let me check if the .exe installer also created the proper service dependency - from the .msi installer I remember that we had to manually add a dependency to "wscsvc" (without that, it might start before the Windows Security Service itself, in which case it might fail).

edit: yes, there's a registry value missing:
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SBSDWSCService\DependOnService, of type REG_MULTI_SZ, needs to contain "wscsvc".
    PepiMK,

I'm resuming this old post because I have the very same issue with Windows Server 2008 x64 'R1' which is is based on Vista x64.

Checking the registry, the key "wscsvc" is present.

However the Event viewer shows that event and also even manually I can't start the SBSD Security Center service:

"Windows could not start the SBSD Security Center Service service on Local Computer.

Error 1075: The dependancy service does not exist or has been marked for deletion."

What does situation mean?
    Thank you.

Kind regards,
    Tom

This issue also happens in Windows 7 Ultimate.

"The SBSD Security Center Service service failed to start due to the following error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the SBSD Security Center Service service to connect."

...Windows 7 is based on WS2008; that's probably the reason...but unfortunately no on cares to reply here.

Hello,

I left a note for the Team, to bring this renewed thread to their attention.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello,

I left a note for the Team, to bring this renewed thread to their attention.

Best regards.
    Thanks for your attention.

Angry Anyone Checked into This Yet?

I'm still getting this error on my Windows 7 64-bit machine.

Has this been looked at yet or?

Curt

Hello,

I am sorry, but Windows has updated the WSC and our method to integrate into the security center does not work anymore.
    We are working on a fix, that will be available in our next version Spybot 2.0. There is no release date yet.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGanis View Post
    ...Windows 7 is based on WS2008; that's probably the reason...but unfortunately no on cares to reply here.
    NO it is not, TommyGanis. WS2008 (original/R1) is based on Vista SP1 and is WinNT 6.0.
    Win7 and WS2008 R2 (64bit only) are WinNT 6.1. WS2008 R2 is the first 64bit-only Windows operating system and is not available in 32bit editions.
    Last edited by noel-pr7; 2010-07-07 at 03:46.