Thread: button problems

Default button problems

Having this problem with SD: SD is detecting changes and brings up a small window asking if I want to allow, deny, as well as remember the decision using buttons and a check mark none of which work. I am unable to answer the buttons because the window is mangled and non working.

I have found this post from two years ago: There is currently a bug in TeaTimer 1.4. Portions of TeaTimer's pup-up dialog overlay the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons. On my system the very top edges of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing and I am still able to select the options. I also can check "Remember this decision" since it is visible. If no portion of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing you can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change".

Note: If you close the dialog without answering "Allow change" or "Deny change" the registry change will be denied.

If you can't deal with the problem until it is fixed, you can disable TeaTimer as follows:

* Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
    * Uncheck the following:
    o Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

This describes my problem well but I can still find no solution on the forum.

What is tea timer?

Is it included in SB? Would an uninstall and reinstall fix this mess or would it just leave registry entries that would create the same problem?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cremaster View Post
    What is tea timer?
    From this pinned thread:

The third level of protection is the TeaTimer. TeaTimer is an active protection that monitors changes to certain system Registry keys such as System Startup, ActiveX Distribution Unit, Browser page and Browser Helper Object, etc. When any change is detected to these Registry keys a pop-up dialog is issued asking you to allow or deny the change and if you want TeaTimer to remember the decision. TeaTimer also monitors processes that are initiated in the system. If the process being initiated matches a list of processes in Spybot's detection files, the process is terminated and a dialog is issued to notify you and allow you to make choices as to how to handle the same process during future detections.
    Quote Originally Posted by cremaster View Post
    ... This describes my problem well but I can still find no solution on the forum.
    See this pinned (Sticky) thread:

Or the following post for example:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you for the quick reply. The answer was excellent. All the answers were there on the forum though. Sorry I didn't think to look at the stickies.

Oh yea, easiest reg edit ever. Nice tool.