And since when did this all happen? Because it's quite confusing since I don't know what other steps you have performed in between. I know you have been fixing entries in HijackThis in between as well, so are there any other steps you have done? Been scanning with another scanner? Using tweaktools, registry cleaning tools etc? Because Combofix isn't the cause here since the two folder it deleted have nothing to do with your problems.

But what I do see is that you have been running Combofix more than once, the first time I asked you to run Combofix.
Why was that? Also, how does it come that you fixed entries in Hijackthis I didn't ask? Or are you receiving help somewhere else as well, and someone else posted these instructions?

I am asking you this, because something got corrupted here and I cannot see what happened here in between.

Anyway, I also suggest you temporary uninstall Pestpatrol. This because 1st, it's a poor scanner and second, the process running in the background does the same as Teatimer, so it interferes with manual modifications.

web windows disappear when i minimize
Is this with other programs as well? If you open a program and minimize it into your tray, do they disappear as well?

Also when i open a folder i cannot move files from it
Is this for any folder? Do you get an error or something?

system restore does not function. if i try to use it, a window comes up saying that system restore is not able to protect my computer
Looks like System restore is disabled/not running.
Go to start > run and type: services.msc
Scroll to System Restore.
Doubleclick it.
Status of the service should be started, and the startuptype should be set to automatic.

But with this all, I am starting to wonder if your userprofile got corrupted.. Not sure if Windows Desktop Search caused this, because most problems you are talking can be a result of this. I have seen the same problem once before when Google desktop was installed. It corrupted an entire userprofile, also because Registry Cleaners were used in between.

Are there other userprofiles present? If not, try to create another userprofile with admin privileges and let me know if you're having the same problem there.