Thread: i just downloaded the new version of,,,,,,

Exclamation i just downloaded the new version of,,,,,,

i just downloaded the new version of spybot search an distroy ,,version 1.5.1.15,, today.
    ---------

before i install it ,,, do i have to un-install version 1.4 ?.

or do i go ahead and install it on top of the old version ?.

when i first went to install it i had to exit it,,because i did not understand, it said "folder already exist",,"do you want to creat a new one" or "do you want to install it in this folder"(the existing one).

hmmm,,,, i dont want to mess up my pc,,,

I think you have to do a uninstall or it is best to do so.

I did a uninstall and then rebooted.
    Then I cleaned up these here...
    C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy folder.
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy folder.
    C:\WINDOWS\APPLOG\Spybotsd.lgc file.

I then ran RegSeeker and cleanup thing but they were all from WinPatrol that pointed to Spybot so really was not anything else to clean from Spybot itself but what WinPatrol had.

Rebooted again and the installed Spybot 1.5

Hello,

In order to completely uninstall Spybot - Search & Destroy, please consider the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html

It is important to use the 'very small fix'. This is how to use it:
    On our website please right-click the 'very small fix'-link and choose 'Save as'.
    The small fix will then be downloaded. Now you can execute it with a double click on its symbol.
    If this does not work, you can right click the small fix download and choose 'Merge'.
    Now all entries that belong to Spybot - Search & Destroy will be deleted from the registry.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I did a uninstall and all that but forgot about the 'very small fix' and I used that in the pass when I upgraded to 1.4.
    But all seems ok so do I need to go tru doing a uninstall again just to run the 'very small fix'?

Hello,

If all seems ok - you do not need to.
    We recommend it in general to avoid problems.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Exclamation hmmmmm,,i think i will hold,,,,,,,,

i think i will hold off installing the new version of spybot search and distroy 1.5.1.15 for awhile,,

i was reading around on this forums and already i'm reading bugs in the new version,

plus my friend has just installed it yesterday and said he had to go back to the old version 1.4,,, because it was too buggy on his two pc's, he has the most recent windows xp home with sp2 and just got another pc with vista (home) premium,,,,

buggy on wondows vista and xp home,,,

the new ad-aware thats out now,, i'm waiting for awhile before i go and try that one too, it too still has alot of bugs reported in there forums.

i just know you will be putting up more new versions ,, hopefully with the bug fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

If all seems ok - you do not need to.
    We recommend it in general to avoid problems.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot
    Yea all seems ok and the same as version 1.4 to me but I did undo things and you can my post her. Spybot 1.5 - Immunisation hang

I also looked at that reg file and looked in my registry and did not see those things listed so guess the uninstall took them.