Thread: Before Installing V.1.5, A Few??'s...

Cool Before Installing V.1.5, A Few??'s...

Being the Dinosaur I am & having Opted OUT of the Microsoft "patch 'til it doesn't work then sell 'em a new one to patch" game, I'm running XPPro SP1 with a few selected patches.
    I'm, for same reason, unable to use Firefox & Java 5/6(No SP2) so am running Mozilla Sea Monkey v.1.1.2 & Java 1.4.2_15. Any chance some new version/update of S&D could add Sea Monkey to Supported Browser list??

My current 1.4 is running with a Extra Pack of Skins(currently using a beautiful Blue One). Will I still able to use these skin choices in 1.5?? I have original copy in My Docs to add to S&D 1.5 file if OK.

I currently have S&D locking down my Home & search pages
    (Blank & Google). Is this option also available in 1.5?

Do I have to disable TT & Bad download blocker (resident) before un-installing 1.4 properly??

I have recently added Comodo BOClean v.4.25 to my select group of protectors (Avg Free AV, AVG Free A.S scanner only (both 7.5). I have discovered some conflicts between BOC & Tea Timer (both active causes system hangs) so I'm disabling TT while BOC active. Any chance Patrick & Team can confab w/ Kevin to find a work around or minor bug fix?? TT has saved my tail on several occasions by interfering with malware install path routings!!

Keep up your good work & don't relax your moral standards (give into extortion by malware makers etc.) as you're the ONLY protector I trust 100% to watch over my well being. Others (like Adaware etc.) to varying degrees only.

I stand amazed you have managed to make 1.5 work w/ Vista (the horror!!) at all!

Thanks for taking the time to read & reply!! Sandy.

Hello Sandy,

It should all work on the new version of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5, also your personal skin.

Please uninstall the older version of Spybot - Search & Destroy before installing the new version.
    In order to uninstall Spybot-S&D, please consider the following link:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/howto/uninstall.html
    It is important to use the "very small fix".
    Then download the new version of Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.5.
    You will find links to several download locations on our website.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
    Please search for new updates after installing Spybot-S&D 1.5.
    We hope you enjoy 1.5 even more than our previous releases!

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Exclamation ok,,me new person

ok,,,,i read this post ,,it say to un-install version 1.4 before u get the new version,,but the fix thing i dont get ,,,nothing downloads,,i dont get it

Red face Thanks Sandra! Kissbaby Read Also. I Need to

confirm/clarify a few items so please bear w/ me....

IF I don't want to dump my 1.4 settings (resident/skins etc.) can I just do normal un-install without registry erase fix?? Current 1.4 is fully up to date.

If I MUST reg fix, how do I "run it" (step by step PLEASE!)?
    Being more than 1/2 way to 100, & only 3 yrs. on computers,I've avoided reg stuff as much as possible.

Kissbaby: The fix is a registry entry ordering the removal of all retained Spybot registry files presented as a text file.
    That's really the limit of my guess work!(LOL)

I appreciate time for instruction (since numerous others even less geeky than myself will be asking their Guru (me LOL!) how, why & how do I fix my mess?)!

Thanks, again! Sandy

Hello,

You can also remove your way.
    But we recommend the small fix in general because there might be problems with beta or release candidates installed before.

@kissbaby:
    About the very small fix:
    This is how to use it:
    On our website please right-click the 'very small fix'-link and choose 'Save as'.
    The small fix will then be downloaded. Now you can execute it with a double click on its symbol.
    If this does not work, you can right click the small fix download and choose 'Merge'.
    Now all entries that belong to Spybot - Search & Destroy will be deleted from the registry.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thumbs up Thanks Again Sandra! Glad to Know....

reg fix NOT absolutely necessary for usual users. I have only normal downloads from updates so no betas here & will give "normal" re & re a try. I can always redo w/ fix if necessary. Sandy.

Nope, and we haven't recommended the small fix for quite some time, except some overeager FAQ editors here
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)