Thread: Running SpyBot S&D in a Multi-user environment

Default Running SpyBot S&D in a Multi-user environment

I have WINXP Home Edition. I have multiple users. I've noticed that Spybot doesn't scan everyone's files when it runs, only the one that is logged in and running the program. This leaves a large part of the computer unchecked. The only way for me to get a complete scan of the computer is to log in as each person and re-run SpyBot.

Is this the only way it can work. I am an administrator. Can't my SpyBot scan the entire computer?

Thanks,

Nebulous

How did you notice that? Because it's been scanning all users for quite some time (except for IE stuff, see FAQ).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Hello,

You just have to run Spybot-S&D only on one user account in order to destroy all the bad threats.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default How I Noticed It

I noticed it because I ran it on my account and it cleaned everything off, giving me a good report. I then ran it on my step-daughter's account and it found things that weren't discovered on my account. Because of this, I tried it on my wife's account and my sons' two accounts. Same thing -- spyware was found that weren't found on other accounts.

After running and cleaning all accounts, I tried all accounts again and all were now clean.

If you notice it again, please provide details about what was found on the second account you used to scan.

The only exception to scanning all user profilesis Internet Explorer cache content on the API level (means: cleaning references even from index.dat files), since the IE application interface does not allow to access other users browser cache directly.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)