Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Issue 062] IE Software (Plugins) unprotected in 1.5.1.15

Default [Issue 062] IE Software (Plugins) unprotected in 1.5.1.15

Good evening,

I just successfully uninstalled Spybot S&D 1.4 according to the directions furnished in this link http://www.spybot.info/en/howto/uninstall.html

Everything went off without a hitch.

After bringing my updates up to snuff I used the immunization feature and it found 86,613 items to be immunized.

However, after the immunization completed I still had 895 'unprotected' items. All of them were listed under the heading of 'Software (Plugins) under the Internet Explorer (32 bit) section. Is this normal?

My first scan went through the 76,767 checks in a little over 10 minutes. All went well in this respect.

Any thoughts on the 895 'unprotected items' under Software (Plugins) would be welcomed.

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever
    " ... Nuff Said. Keep Smiling Because I'm Smiling Too!"

I experienced your exact issue and posted about it here: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=17557

The fix for me and another user was to "Undo" the immunizations (this may take awhile so be patient) and then to "Immunize" again.

Hi McDana,

Worked like a charm!

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

If you got Spyware blaster then check it because doing a uninstall of 1.4 I ran the immunise and did a undo on every thing and that will effect what is in Spyware blaster.

If all is ok there with Spyware blaster and you still see the 895 'unprotected items' under Software (Plugins) then I don't know what to say.
    You could uncheck all in the immunise and then check only the 895 'unprotected items' under Software (Plugins) and do a undo on it. Maybe close spybot alsp and open it again and then go back and add the 895 'unprotected items' under Software (Plugins) back again to see what happens.

Hi hewee,

McDana's post above did the trick for me.

I appreciate your tip on the change in Spyware Blaster. I just got done 'enabling protection' for the ones which Spybot changed.

Regards,

2harts4ever

Hi 2harts4ever,

Your so welcome. Glad you got things fixed.

I undid most of all the things in the immunization but the ones with the IE icon.
    Don't have SeaMonkey so those 4 are not needed and the ones for Firefox really slowed down page loads and I mean it made pages wait and then load slow.

I use firefox all the time and have always keep things safe and seeing how they are something new then it is the same as before with 1.4. Then when I can find out more about what the others are I may undo some of them too.
    Just not sure what each one does and seeing how I don't use IE but IE is part of windows I don't want to open something up. The IE cookies I can undo but you still see it listed twice by the IE icons.
    You got the \Software and .Default so don't know just what or how each works.
    Guess cookies if you use IE is the one and then cookies you can get from using other programs is the other.
    Like when you update Spyware Blaster it make a "sbversion2[1]" cookie in the C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1XTD9QAU folder.
    Was even at a site last week using Firefox and it asked to set a cookie and my setting on cookies are not that way for firefox but it was the cookie popup you get from IE and it set a cookie in the IE folder when I was using Firefox. Now that I hate. Don't know why or how that happens but over the year it has happen a couple times.

Btw, I created a new bug tracker entry about it
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Morning PepiMK,

Btw, I created a new bug tracker entry about it
    Now, that is what I call staying on top of a subject and keeping everyone informed of the latest developments.

That is what keeps 'Spybot S&D' right up there at the top in the fight against the 'baddies'.

Good job!

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

With Spyware Blaster installed:

For anyone who is still unable to get all 895 plugin's protected, after trying to "undo" and "immunize", while "enabling all protections" with Spyware Blaster. The following is the only order, which allowed me to continually achieve full immunization of all 895. Open Spybot>Immunize>Undo. Before the last step, open Spyware Blaster and "enable all products". Then go back to Spybot and complete the immunization process. There may be other ways, but it's what worked for me, when no other way did.

FWIW..
    Carol

Hello,
    To get more information on this issue we would like to gather more details from those users who can recreate this issue.
    If you have incomplete Immunization please check these locations within the Windows Registry and export these registry locations.
    Please sent them to detections-at-spybot.info (replace -at- with @) and refer to this thread.
    Please only export the registry locations which do not get immunized completely.
    In these cases we would like to have 3 registry exports, 1 before Immunization, 1 after incomplete and 1 after a "fixed" complete
    immunization if that can be done. Please name the files accordingly for instance 32bit_plugins_before.reg, 32bit_plugins_after.reg,
    32bit_plugins_fixed.reg. Pleae also provide screenshots.
    To open the registry editor click on start - run , enter regedit and confirm this.
    Then navigate to the respective locations shown below.

Code:
    Internet Explorer (32 bit)
    Software (Plugins) 
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\

Internet Explorer (32 bit) on a 64 bit OS
    \Software (Cookies)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History

\Software (Domains)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains

\Software (IPs)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges

\Software (Plugin)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility

Internet Explorer (32 bit/64 bit)
    .Default (Cookies)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History\

.Default (Domains)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zonemap\Domains

.Default (IPs)
    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges\

UserName/Usernumber (Cookies)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P\History

UserName/Usernumber (Domains)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zonemap\Domains

UserName/Usernumber (IPs)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges\
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.