Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems with SpywareBlaster.

Default Problems with SpywareBlaster.

I have 2 problems, the immunisation for Opera Standard (cookies) isn't loading..................there is a workaround, open the Opera browser.........close it.............open Spybot again.............the first time of immunisation doesn't work out but the second time the immuninisation for Opera Standard (cookies) works.

Second problem SpywareBlaster is freezing on.... data Loading........ Mozilla Firefox.
    After undo immnunisation in Spybot which took me 30 minutes, SpywareBlaster worked fine.
    Immunise again and the problem is back.

I'm using firefox 2.0.0.6 and windows ME.

And by the way congratulations Spybotteam with the new 1.5 you are doing a great job.........thanks.

Default Some more information.

After undo immunisation in SpybotSearch & Destroy there are also unprotected items in SpywareBlaster.

After each immunisation the HOSTS file makes a new backup.

I hope someone can help me with these problems.

Thanks in advance.

Default Is it possible that someone answers my questions please?

Bump.

Someone knows the answer on my questions.........?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I sorry but I can't help you with any of the problems in your first query. I don't use Opera nor Firefox. I do use SpywareBlaster along with Spybot's immunization on a Windows XP Home system and have not experienced any problems enabling SpywareBlaster's protection while Spybot's immunization is in place nor doing Spybot's immunization process while SpywareBlaster's protection is enabled.

As far as your second post goes, I didn't think it was a query. You may two (2) statements of facts:

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    After undo immunisation in SpybotSearch & Destroy there are also unprotected items in SpywareBlaster.
    True and the opposite is also true. If disable protection in SpywareBlaster some of Spybot's immunization is removed. This pinned (Sticky) thread contains a caution about that:

The first level of protection is immunization (a passive protection). … Also Note: If you use Spybot S&D and other products like IE-SPYAD, SpywareBlaster, etc. together, there is an overlap of some of the protection offered. If you undo or disable the protection in one product, it may remove some of the protection installed by the other. You should re-immunize or re-enable the protection in the other products as appropriate.

After each immunisation the HOSTS file makes a new backup.
    True (although technically the backup is actally made before the HOSTS file is changed). Note, if you go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode > Tools > Hosts File, you can restore any of those backups by select one in the Restore backup list.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2007-09-08 at 20:48.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thanks.

Thanks md usa spybot fan for your information.

I'm using the MVPS HOSTS file together with the SpybotSearch&Destroy HOSTS file.........the "problem" is that in the past there wasn't a new backup after each immunization.............now you are getting a long list of backups.

I sorry but I can't help you with any of the problems in your first query. I don't use Opera nor Firefox. I do use SpywareBlaster along with Spybot's immunization on a Windows XP Home system and have not experienced any problems enabling SpywareBlaster's protection while Spybot's immunization is in place nor doing Spybot's immunization process while SpywareBlaster's protection is enabled.

Well I hope someone of the SpybotSearch&Destroy team is able to help me with that problem.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I'm using the MVPS HOSTS file together with the SpybotSearch&Destroy HOSTS file.........the "problem" is that in the past there wasn't a new backup after each immunization.............now you are getting a long list of backups.
    To the best of my knowledge Spybot has always taken backups before inserting or removing their HOSTS file entries.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Oooooops.

Hallo md usa spybot fan, I think that you are right about that..............I never was aware of it untill now because I did manny Immunizations because of the other problems.
    Normally I only immunize once after an update.

Still waiting for someone from the Spybot team for my Spywareblaster problem.

Hi,
    I have the same problem with SpywareBlaster and mozilla/firefox protection, but it isn't really freezing. It's just taking long (10+ secs) to fininish.
    Forever make sure you left SpywareBlaster for as long as it needs and it will finish at least for me it does, but this is really a problem with 1.5 version of Spybot and SpywareBlaster.
    Last edited by dimchopicha2003; 2007-09-10 at 22:41.

Hi dimchopicha2003...........so I'm not the only one with this problem..........well I give Spywareblaster as long as it needs and the result is that it is freezing.
    The todays updates didn't solve the problem either.
    After the todays update it takes 30-45 seconds before I see the little screen that Sybot is loading...............strange things are happening

Microsoft MVP

I am also having the same problem today with SpybotS&D 1.5. AND SpywareBlaster on my winme. I have NO problems on my XP.

I uninstalled both programs and installed them again - the same "drama" ..... well at least I know I am NOT the "only one"
    "The only source of knowledge is experience"
    Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006 - 2010