Thread: Spybot error with "Uninstall-Info"

Exclamation Search & Destroy v1.5.1.15 MEMLEAK?

When "walking" the list using the keyboard pgup pgdn arrows up / down, the installer entries in Tools -> Uninstall info, SpyBot - Search & Destroy v1.5.1.15 craches and shows the error as shown in attachement.
    The error can be surpressed by simply clicking ok.
    But when i shutdown S&D the error comes back again.
    From there on, the error can NOT be surpressed anymore as it returns infinitly.
    I do not have this behaviour in version 1.4

guest OS: Win2K with all latest updates.
    machine: full intel chipset core 2 duo T7200, 2G ram

An access violation is not a memory leak. A memory leak is usually where memory that's no longer used isn't freed, while an access violation happens when software tries to access memory that has been freed to early (not exactly or always that way, but that should do as a rough explanation).

Right now, I don't see any problems when browsing the list here, neither with Page-Up/Down keys nor with arrow keys. It might be related to a single special entry that is causing problems - that would explain why we can't reproduce it, but it seems unlikely if it worked in 1.4.

Since you mentioned the keys only, does this mean it works (does not display errors) when using the mouse to browse the list? Have you tried to "open" (click on entries to show details) the same ones by mouse (maybe it happens when displaying details)?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Spybot error with "Uninstall-Info"

When I'm going to "Uninstall-Info" (German) there's the normal list with installed applications.

But when I would to delete something Spybot crashes with an Access violation error at adress 0040640A in SbybotSD.exe. Read of adress 7265641C.

I had this new Spybot 1.5.1 newly installed with all updates, version 1.4 was uninstalled before (followed by a restart of Windows XP).

What´s wrong ?

Best regards,

Christian

System: Win XP SP2 with all necessary hotfixes

Default RE: Spybot error with "Uninstall-info" the second

By the way: there was a post in http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=17583 with another error in uninstall-module.

Best regards,

Christian

Ok, I merged both threads since they're both unanswered and probably about the same. Question remains the same: does this happen only when navigating with the keyboard, or also with the mouse (asking because brain emphasized the keys).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Spybot error with "Uninstall-info"

Thanks for the fast reply. For my problem, it's only when I'm navigate (with mouse) to the entry and click on erase.

Best regards,

Christian

yes, it happens ONLY when browsing with the keyboard, the mouse scrolls work fine tough.
    i can do all other actions too (like delete entry {with mouse})

I do have version 1.4 on same box too, there all works perfect :-)
    Last edited by brain; 2007-09-07 at 02:43.