Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the right place to say thank you?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Is this the right place to say thank you?

To all of you that take your time, to help the rest of
    us..... Thank You for all you do.

I don't think they can ever pay you enough.

I don't think enough of those that are helped from your
    services give enough.

I don't think I make enough money in a year too say,
    Thank you enough.

But I will Donate to help your efforts, just to say,
    thank you.

Thank you for the Help.

Mark.....

Default U Da Man!!

blade, thank you for all your help, I am indebted to you and your organization. As soon as we are finished here I will get the donation information and gladly donate to the cause so we can keep you guys in the game. You were very easy to work with, assessed the problems, and got my computer back up and running. Again, thank you for your help. Please feel free to post this message in the appropriate place so others can read.

Adjuster

I can't thank Shaba enough for helping me clean up my system. I really appreciate you giving your time.

Thanks!

Orrin

Very well said people. These experts perform an invaluable service to complete strangers. I cannot express how much I appreciate pskelley's help, and everyone else who did the research on the methods and programs for removal of these nasty files. Their time and effort is priceless in itself.

A BIG MAJOR out to all of you!

Many people just come into this forum asking for help and expecting results. However, very few people realize that the experts who are helping you are doing this just because they want to help you. They aren't getting anything out of this, and very few people are actually donating (in my case i don't have a credit card or paypal, and my parents aren't getting one for me). They probably have their own personal jobs, and their own family, and yet, they are taking so much of their time to help us and our problems. I've noticed that many mods are on for hours at times, and they aren't expecting anything in return. You have to realize this, and appreciate the work that they are doing for you. Just imagine yourself slaving over log after log for hours at a time. Thus, a big thank you to all of the spybot team, for your excellent support and selfless sacrifices.

Default Thanx

I thanked him personally (pskelley)in my post, but I would like to extend that appreciation to all volunteers in this forum. your help is invaluable and your time even more so.

So to all of you from I am sure more than just me

and thanx again pskelley, you terminator you

I wanted to post this because too many times, people do not appreciate what a beneficial service that these volunteers provide to the general public. I am very “religious” about keeping my Windows, Norton Internet Security, Spybot, & Ad-Aware programs updated and scan with each at least once per week. But yet, due to a dumb move on my part, I got infected with a Vundo/Virtumonde Trojan. I have had other infections before, but have always been able to remove them through online tools. However, the “one shot” tools for Vundo/Virtumone were ineffective.

Fortunately, I came across the Spybot forum board. After reading a lot of people’s Vundo experiences, I quickly realized that I was not going to be able to clear this by myself due to the complex nature of the infection and its defenses, the knowledge needed for using multiple online tools, and the skills required to interpret the log files (without deleting a critical registry file by mistake). I posted on Spybot requesting assistance, and in a few days, Shaba came to my assistance. Shaba guided me through the process and the tools needed to remove it, and in a couple of days, Vundo/Virtumonde was no more!

Even after going through the complete process of removing Vundo (with Shaba’s guidance), I still do not think I could do it by myself in the event of a future infection - and I am reasonably knowledgeable about computers and their workings. I do not know if Vundo is the most common problem at this time, but it appears that a large percentage of posters are seeking help in removing this. The removal process, while not difficult if you follow the directions step-by-step, was still not a task that those with limited skill should attempt alone.

Shaba, a special thanks to you, and to everyone that provides this service to us out here in cyberland. I cannot extend my most sincerest “thank you” to the fine people that help all of us idiots that fail to use safe surfing practices, sometimes even despite our best efforts.

To those that post here needing assistance, please do not forget the following:

- These people are NOT paid employees– they are VOLUNTEERS – they do not need the headaches that we through in their laps. They are internet saints.

- There are a limited number of volunteers available. They are assisting people as fast as possible. I applaud their efforts and know that I could never maintain the patience they exhibit in dealing with a desperate general public clamoring for assistance.

- This service does not cost you anything but some time. If you obtained help from these fine people, DONATE. Without this service you would have likely had to seek professional help locally – and those services are definitely not free. A few dollars to restore confidence in the security of your internet experience is money well spent in support of these types of services.

- Do not give up hope. These people have obviously seen and resolved more infections that you and I could imagine. While Vundo is the most complex one that I have personally dealt with, there are tools available and people willing to help you, if you will give them the time. Follow their directions and listen to their advice. Chances are they will be able to get you back up and going.

- Strongly urge your representatives to take action against the instigators and propagators of malicious viruses, trojans, and worms both domestically and internationally

Default BIG THANK YOU!!! :bighug:

I like to second the sentiments of the many people here. Thank you for all of the time you guys invest in helping us out which with out your help many of us would've been lost.

I specially like to thank Pskelly (is not that the other Mods do not deserve to be thanked). I do have my computer rigged with all of the latest anti (you name it). But, some how, I was infected by this virus. I posted an S.O.S. in the forum and Pskelly answered my call for help. He was awesome but most of all, he was very patient. For someone who volunteers his time to this cause, I don't know how he does it going through all of the codes and logs that I send him (and many others in this forum). Thank you sir, again and a big thanks to all of the Mods here and of course Spybot S&D.

Please, I encourage every body who has been helped to donate anything to this great cause. My means are a bit strain, but I will donate what I can.

Thank you,

Talking

I too am extremely grateful for the existence of this group of hard working voluteers, for this platform in which they work their magic and, most specifically to me, for pskelley who was my Link to sanity! It is my sincere wish that some type of universal reward system exists and that our gratitute manifests itself in your lives in some tangible form of recognition.

And unfortunately, I was unable to donate through paypal however please expect a "wrapped letter" in as much time as it takes to get from Canada to Ireland.

Many many thanks!

Stephanie

Smile

i havent asked for help in the malware removal forum. but i will say thank you for that spybot detected and fixed a problem for me by unchecking a setting in ie7 that may have been harmful.