Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Is this the right place to say thank you?

I'd also like to thank pskelley for his help! I am so lucky to have found this place, and I am so happy it is filled with such wonderful volunteers!

Many many thanks!

Very big thank you to Shaba and to this forum for helping me eliminate virtumonde and smitfraud. Enough karma stored up to last several lifetimes!

Also, after following the post-cleanup advice, I daresay my machine is better off than it was before the problem!

Thanks again!

Thumbs up My thread was closed before I could post my gratitude to peku006

I'm not sure where I should post this, but I wanted to say thanks to peku006 for his assistance, suggestions and information.
    I was not able to get here in time to post in the active thread before it was archived:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...009#post283009

Everything seems to be fine and his expert analysis was invaluable.

I am extremely grateful for peku006's help in ridding me of my issues and I'm sure this feeling is felt by everyone he has helped.

Again, I am sorry if I posted in the wrong place, but would be remiss if I didn't publicly state my appreciation.

This is a wonderful forum and the people that go out of there way like peku006 (and ken545 before him), to help complete strangers makes me feel the world isn't quite as bad as I do on a typical day.

Cheers,
    Dave090
    Last edited by tashi; 2009-01-23 at 06:14. Reason: Moved from the Tavern. Thank you for your kind words to the helpers!

Default Thanks for all you do!

Thanks to all of you for helping - all of us - with these infections.

These can happen to anyone - this is only the 3rd malware event (first two were viruses from infected media that was caught) I've ever had! I have no idea what web site was running a drive-by, which is what caused this I am sure.

My lesson's learned - I no longer trust [insert name of famous security suite that's ineffective here] . I now use a new anti-virus, a new firewall, Spybot and another browser protector, as well as making the switch to Firefox with NoScript.

It opened my eyes - and again, I appreciate all your effort to help combat all this malware. I've made a donation to Spybot too, for what I would have paid for such a great product!

Best regards,

Dave

Default thank you pskelley

Thank you pskelley and spybot for saving my computer time for me to enjoy making my music

protools954

m

You're a money saver, PSKelley - thanks for stopping me from wasting a 100 bucks on getting Norton's virus squad to do it for me, that money deserves to be used on better.

Once again, thanks to you and everyone else on the job - your help has definitely not gone unnoticed

Pskelley saved my skin. His title might be Security Expert but I think it should be Guardian Angel.

My thanks and well wishes to him.

psKelley is awesome!

In the final stages of confirming the rootkit invasion is over... I want to thank pskelley for helping me clean a PC that was becoming unusable. I've learned a lot, too much, about what not to do, and when disaster happens, what to do. Thank you so much. I have made a donation for what it's worth.

Default Thank you Katana

Hi Katana

Thanks for you help. Everything is running lovely now.

Sorrry I didn't post back before the thread got archived.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=49823

Thanks again.

Julie