Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Is this the right place to say thank you?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus1967 View Post
    So thanks IndiGenus! With your help, hopefully I will never have to post in the Malware Removal forum again, and I'll never read "post a fresh HJT log" again!
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Blade81..WOW & Thank you!!!

I am so thankful and grateful to this site and specifically Blade81 for helping me with my worm!!!! Blade is amazingly patient!!! Blade helped me through several applications and fixed my computer!! I am ever so grateful. You all are amazing for doing this. I will be making a donation for sure....so thankful, thank you!!!

No words can say how amazingly generous you all are for giving of your precious time, ability and service.

Blessings to you,

Stacey McKinley
    Spybot & Blade81's Biggest Fan

Security Expert: Emeritus Blade81's Avatar

Glad we could help you, Stacey
    Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2020
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006

If you have problems create a thread in the forum, please.

Malware removal instructions are for the correspondent user's case only.

Emeritus- Malware Team

About a week ago something happened and I immediately knew that my computer had been infected. The symptoms kept getting worse over the 3 days when I was trying to figure out what had happened. At that point I was all but convinced that I was going to have to reformat the disk and reinstall Windows. Fortunately I had Spybot installed and in the process of attempting to resolve the issue I stumbled on this forum.

Blade81 was able to get me running again within 24 hours of his taking the case. His dedication is nothing short of amazing.

The box that was infected is roughly 8 years old with all of the information stored over an 8 year period. In a sense, it’s a member of our family. The thought of losing the information stored on the machine shook my world. My gratitude for Blade81’s help in bringing it back to life is really hard to adequately state.

As a result of this experience I’m go to do two (2) things:

1. I have already made a donation to the forum. It’s not nearly enough but it’s what I can afford now.

2. I’m going to submit my application to the Malware Removal University in the hope that someday I may be able to help people who are in a situation such as I was a few days ago.

So to Blade81 and all of the other fantastic volunteers whose posts I followed while waiting for assistance: your knowledge and dedication are appreciated more than you can imagine. Thank you!

You're welcome George. Glad we could assist
    UNITE member since 2006

Reading through some of these, It isn't odd to me to see so many "thanks Blade81"s. Being mildly knowledgeable about maintaining my computer, I found it disheartening that I would ever need to turn here for help. However, Blade81 helped me to clean my system and to improve my preventive measures, guiding me through the process in clear steps that made me feel comfortable and even proud to be following them. Blade81 helped me when I felt my thread would surely be archived or removed because of my ignorance of the forum rules. I speak to all of the wonderful guides here ("helpers" just doesn't give you enough credit) but especially to Blade81 when I say, Thanks for putting up with me.

You're welcome reznik1012
    UNITE member since 2006

Blade man if you are ever in DC or i am in Finland, dinner and drinks are on me. The man got my laptop running when i was considering reformatting or worst yet paying Geek squad to get ride of it for me.

To the S and D team member you are the best. Keep up the good fight. (yes i quote from fallout 3 )

You're welcome. Glad we could assist
    UNITE member since 2006

Default I wuv u! Seriously, Spy Bot is one in a billion.

I will do a will and name you beneficiary. You kept me from abandoning the net and much more.