Thread: The meaning of the message?

Question The meaning of the message?

First: I'm impressed that several similar questions pop up before I post my own question. Obviously if one of those questions answered my question I wouldn't have to post.
    But it seems that that is not the case.

About two weeks or so ago I checked for updates and was given a choice of several to choose from. All of the updates seemed to be suitable for my needs. One: "TCP/IP settings plug-in" was the only one I did not download.
    Since that download I now get this message:
    "There were problems in the include file: C:\program files\ spybot-search and destroy\includes\trojans.sbi
    see: include error log for details"

I click okay, the program continues, but I can't seem to find this "Include error log"
    Where might i find this log and what might it tell me?

I just checked for updates before I am finishing this post and see that there are several new updates dated today and one is "Detection rules: Trojans..." I'm not sure that this is a fix for the problem; of course I will update. If it fixes the problem then I will come back and answer my own post. But since there were no updates until today it was troubling me.

Thanks for a great help and information page

iSteppenwolf

Hello,

This error should no longer occur with Spybot-S&D 1.5.

There have been some commands added to the new version Spybot-S&D 1.5. Some of the new detection rules do already employ these new commands - earlier versions cannot resolve them which is why the error message comes up.

So, please download the current version from one of our mirrors. You can install this new version right over your existing version but in order to avoid compatibility issues, please remove the following folders before: Spybot folder\Includes\ (e.g. C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\) Spybot folder\Updates\ (e.g. C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates\) You will also have to update your new version using the integrated udpater. This should solve the problem.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default update

It seems that the new updates fixed the problem so far as i can tell

PS Does anyone know how long it takes before spybot forums requires you to sign in again? i've had to sign-in 3 times in order to post this question and a reply?

Default Reply Sandra

Thanks Sandra. So I take it that just downloading the updates is not the same as downloading the new version; is this correct?

iSteppenwolf

Quote Originally Posted by spybotsandra View Post
    Hello,

This error should no longer occur with Spybot-S&D 1.5.

There have been some commands added to the new version Spybot-S&D 1.5. Some of the new detection rules do already employ these new commands - earlier versions cannot resolve them which is why the error message comes up.

So, please download the current version from one of our mirrors. You can install this new version right over your existing version but in order to avoid compatibility issues, please remove the following folders before: Spybot folder\Includes\ (e.g. C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes\) Spybot folder\Updates\ (e.g. C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates\) You will also have to update your new version using the integrated udpater. This should solve the problem.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

yes.....but i would also recommend to upgrade to the new version......as it is much more better than the old one. new features and bugs fixed.