Thread: 1.52 and Vista

Default 1.52 and Vista

Just got lappy with Vista Home Premium installed.
    Only user with full (default) user permissions.

Installed SBSD 1.52 and ran updates. When I try to immunize I am told that I need to be administrator. I am the only user and am an administrator.

I have tried right clicking icon and selecting Run as Administrator with success. Result is that I cannot fully immunize system. (At last count 8 items showing unprotected (un-immunized)

Any ideas as to what could be wrong?
    Ernie
    Last edited by ErnieK; 2008-02-18 at 11:10.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

What catagory (profile) are these 8 unimmunized items in?

What other anti-malware products do you run (some prevent full immunization by blocking some of Spybot's entries)?

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Sorry for delay in getting back to you.

I uninstalled SPSD and then re-installed it by right clicking the exe and selecting Run as Administrator to see if it would make a difference. The only difference is that it now will not imunise 2 items in Opera (content).

When I run SPSD I still have to right click the shortcut and select Run as Admin. I am the only user on the comp and am an administrator and I do have full access to areas (I checked the permission). I have with tried the UAC turning off as well as on to see if this would make any difference

Security programs installed are as follows: (All softwares ARE vista versions)

Windows firewall turned OFF
    SPSD
    Avast anti-virus
    Zone Alarm (free) firewall
    WinPatrol
    A2
    Spyware Blaster
    Windows Defender

This is the same software that runs on my XP prof machine where it does so without bother.

I have also tried stopping all of these (disconnecting from the internet before doing so) to see if this would help but it makes no difference. No matter what I do I must right click and select run as admin when I already have the permissions and then it goes part way through the immunising and I reciev message I do not have permission to do this. ???
    Ernie

Hi

There might be a conflict between spyware blaster and spybot, but first see if this works:

1. undo your immunization
    2. then re-immunize