Thread: Command-line parameters

Exclamation Command-line parameters

Where can I get a list of command-line parameters for SpyBot S&D 1.5 and Includes setup files? I'm working at a University's IT department and we are running lots of setups with silent command-line parameters, so I would appreciate it very much if someone can provide me with the command-line parameters for installing & updating SpyBot S&D 1.5 & the includes.

Previously with the SpyBot S&D 1.4, I was able to install it with the "/silent" command-line parameter. The 1.5 setup still has a "/silent" option, but I want to know how to disable the check for updates.

Then lastly, are there any command-line parameters to silently install/update SpyBot S&D definitions via the spybotsd_includes file?

Thank you in advance
    Chris

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

The command line parameters are here:

The include files are in the following directory:
    • C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Includes

Quote Originally Posted by Pada_kwaak View Post
    I'm working at a University's IT department and we are running lots of setups with silent command-line parameters, so I would appreciate it very much if someone can provide me with the command-line parameters for installing & updating SpyBot S&D 1.5 & the includes.
    I trust that your are aware that there is a licensing requirement:

You may be eligible for a discount:

The price for the corporate use of Spybot - Search & Destroy, update service and email support depends on the number of nodes (PCs) in your network. There will be a 50% rebate for schools, universities (where the number of nodes is staff only) and other non-profit organizations.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you for the quick response.

I was aware of the spybotsd1.4 command-line parameters. I'm still looking for the spybotsd1.5 install file & includes installer's command-line parameters.

As for the licensing is concerned:
    We only install the Spybot S&D (freeware, not the Corp. Ed) on the few students' PCs, that they bring in for (free) Virus & Spyware removal.
    If we are required to use/buy the Corp. Ed of Spybot S&D for our type of use, I will certainly inform the people that handle the software licensing (since I'm only a student working there)

Ok, I have managed with the silent installation of Spybot S&D 1.5 by using /silent /components="main,skins,language" as with the version 1.4.

Now my question still remains: are there any command-line parameters to quietly install the updates via the spybotsd_includes.exe file?

In general, the main Spybot-S&D installer and the spybotsd_includes_is.exe installers are made with InnoSetup and support all InnoSetup command line parameters, while the regular update installers (spybotsd_includes.exe , spybotsd_tools.exe, etc.) use NSIS and support NIS-style command line parameters (see this).
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)