Thread: Warning: Unresponsive Script

Default Warning: Unresponsive Script

Hello to all.

I have been a user of Spybot S&D for many years now, this is my first posting, so please bare with me.

I am running an older system, Windows ME, fully updated and fully tweaked for Max Performance.

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.6 for my main browser but more often than not I still have to use IE 6 SP1 to review many websites that have not yet caught the Firefox "fever"...

Moving ahead, I updated this morning from 1.4 to 1.5.1.15 Final, downloaded from Major Geeks.

I understand from reviewing past forums that 1.5 is not the best for systems running Windows ME due to high CPU Usage, very, very slow launch / start-up, and that 1.5 does not play well with Spyware Blaster.

I have since uninstalled 1.5 and reinstalled 1.4.

My questions:

1.) Is there anything I can do to make 1.5 work better on my current system?

2.) I know I am losing out on some protections, or am I?

3.) Will there still be updates for 1.4?

4.) Is there a "last" 1.4 version I can download that would get me as close as I can get to 1.5 without having 1.5 installed?

Thanks for your time, keep up the great work, sorry about the length.

OddTodd

Default Warning: Unresponsive Script

Hello to all.

I have been a user of Spybot S&D for many years now, this is my first posting, so please bare with me.

I am running an older system, Windows ME, fully updated and fully tweaked for Max Performance.

I am using Firefox 2.0.0.6 for my main browser but more often than not I still have to use IE 6 SP1 to review many websites that have not yet caught the Firefox "fever"...

Moving ahead, I updated this morning from 1.4 to 1.5.1.15 Final, downloaded from Major Geeks.

I understand now from reviewing past forums that 1.5 is not the best for systems running Windows ME due to high CPU Usage, a very, very slow launch / start-up, and that 1.5 does not play well with Spyware Blaster.

I have since uninstalled 1.5 and reinstalled 1.4.

My questions:

1.) Is there anything I can do to make 1.5 work better on my current system?

2.) I know I am losing out on some protections, or am I?

3.) Will there still be updates for 1.4?

4.) Is there a "last" 1.4 version I can download from you that would get me as close as I can get to 1.5 without having 1.5 installed?

5.) Have you thought about making two versions of Spybot - one specifically for Win 95/98/ME and then one version for Win XP/2k/Vista? (similiar to Ad-Aware)

Thanks for your time, keep up the great work, sorry about the length.

OddTodd