Thread: insightexpressai malware never detected

Default insightexpressai malware never detected

Millions are AOL users are being harassed by this malware for months now, and no one seems to be detecting or removing it, including spybot. Normally, it will pop up a box asking the user to take an AOL survey, but I am told there are many other variants on other sites.

IT can only be removed by editing the registry, but it comes right back in a matter of days. But after spybot, it comes back the same day, and Spybot never reports finding it, so I am inclined to think it's hiding from spybot somehow.

Either way, it's incredibly annoying, and driving everyone nuts. Can we expect some solution to this nightmare?

Removed.

That's it folks!

ALL AD CLIENTS REMOVED AND ALL ASSOCIATIONS - NO MORE ad.insightexpressai POP UPS...
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-09-17 at 21:23. Reason: Removed link and advice, we guide users one on one. ;-)

Hi there.

In future, if Spybot-S&D does not detect or remove an item, zip or rar the file/s and send them to: detections(AT)spybot.info (Replace AT with @)

Thanks.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hi there.

In future, if Spybot-S&D does not detect or remove an item, zip or rar the file/s and send them to: detections(AT)spybot.info (Replace AT with @)

Thanks.
    But what is "them?" I don't know how to find them. Even when i delete the history folder, I don't seen insightexpressai listed. Deleting the folder solves the problem for a day or two, but it seems to come right back.

I just ran spybot again yesterday, and thus far, while it never said it was detected, it has not reappeared yet. But it seems to be on some kind of cycle, so it's too early to tell.

Regardless, I don't know what files to send.

Hello.

I will ask one of our detectives to take a look at your topic.

Meanwhile, people affected could add their comments here: Site Advisor

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer View Post
    But what is "them?" I don't know how to find them. Even when i delete the history folder, I don't seen insightexpressai listed. Deleting the folder solves the problem for a day or two, but it seems to come right back.

I just ran spybot again yesterday, and thus far, while it never said it was detected, it has not reappeared yet. But it seems to be on some kind of cycle, so it's too early to tell.
    The pop ups are most likely caused by a website you visit, if you can determine that website, we can check the site.
    Depending on you web browser you can use the built-in pop up blocker to suppress pop ups. Recent versions of Opera, Firefox and Internet Explorer do have such a feature. Out of the box Opera is the browser I would recommend most (it also has a built-in Adblocker). Firefox is more recommended for advanced users, it should be used with addons like "NoScript" and "AdblockPlus".

However, if you are already using a popup blocker, some adware installed on you computer may cause these popups.
    Such an application usually has one or more processes running in background or attached to other programs such as the Explorer or Internet Explorer.
    To find out if this is the case here, do the following:
    * switch Spybot S&D into advanced mode
    * navigate to "Tools" - "View Report"
    * check all boxes and click "View report" to create a report
    * "export" the report to a text file and attach it to your next post or an email to detections-at-spybot.info (replace -at- with @)

Quote Originally Posted by wheezer View Post
    Regardless, I don't know what files to send.
    If the report shows suspicious files, we will ask you to send us the files for analysis.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Thanks Yo,
    I use firefox, but thus far, it's defeated them. Probably because I've allowed the site doing it already. This entire process is maddening, and i still don't know why congress hasn't acted to make spyware a crime. It's almost only used for nefarious purpose, and legitimate trackers could be registered with a validator of some kind.

I will try the log, the next time it appears.