Thread: Excessive Time for 1.5 to Boot (vs1.4)??

Question Excessive Time for 1.5 to Boot (vs1.4)??

I have successfully installed V1.5 (advanced mode)after removing 1.4. Install went without incident and program seems to be running perfectly.

My concern is with the time it takes for Spybot to boot up:
    Specifically the time from double clicking the desktop Icon to the time loading bar appears & proceeds.

I have TT & SD set to run at start of program.

In my (advanced mode) 1.4, the time factor was about 4 seconds 'til load bar appeared.
    When clicking on 1.5, the time is 15 seconds (by the clock) with no hour glass appearing. It does get there but takes so long I tend to click a 2nd time thinking it did not take the 1st round.

Only other program set to run at boot up is AVG Free 7.5
    (fully up to date incl latest program updates & defs) & IGFX (Intel).

Looking at system start-up I noticed that I have 2 entries checked for S&D (instead of 1 w/ 1.4)(both Tea Timer) with 2 different user #'s. Assume normal w/ 1.5 & 2 desktops(users).

Other difference is to listing for AVG. Previously had (I believe) only 1 checked entry AVG7 CC (C:Progra~1).
    NOW I have total of 5 checked entries:
    AVG7 CC
    HK CU RUN .(USER .DEFAULT) AVG_7 RUN
    " " " ( USER S.1.5.18)
    " " " (USER S.1.5.19) THESE 2 HAVE LONG #'S
    " " " (USER S.1.5.20)FOLLOWING VARYING ONLY
    ONLY AT END.
    Maybe a red herring but those are only changes seen.
    Could it be another AVG related bug or just 1.5's more extensive listing? NOTE: Default & 3 Users while only 2 User desktops on machine.

Others I've asked report v.1.5 time same as 1.4 or only 2 seconds more.

Just me??? All suggestions welcome. Thanks in Advance.

Sandy!

I have the same problem !

You are lucky Sandybeach. My edition of spybot 1.5 takes from 17 sec up to 43 sec for the load bar to appear, generally nearer the latter. Version 1.4 was always between 5 and 10 sec.
    I am using a dual boot system with XP pro on both drives. The other drive still has spybot 1.4 and the boot time for that is still about the same.
    I have tried removing the program from the startup list with no change in the boot time. I use AVG anti virus on one drive and Avast on the other and have been doing so for a few months.Before that I used AVG on both drives.There has been no difference up till yesterday when I upgraded one drive to spybot 1.5
    Last edited by tommyp; 2007-09-20 at 11:00.