Thread: all folders scanned?

Default all folders scanned?

i have a desktop with xp, and a laptop with vista home premium. spybot on both. recently found a folder on vista that i don't think is being scanned. located here. unhide folders then c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/microsoft/windows/cookies. in this cookie folder there is a folder named low which also contains cookies. i looked in this folder and found that if it was scanned, spybot would find the same bad cookies it finds in the cookie folder on xp. any ideas why all folders are not scanned on vista? it was a fluke that i found this folder, now i'm just curious. thanks a lot

Esteemed Member

Actually, Spybot does not scan everything. Instead it looks for specific files and registry entries that might indicate the presence of one or other malware in its database. For the cookies, I suspect it just looks in the standard places and it may not know about that folder.

However, you could try the following to get it to find those bad cookies.

Spybot, advanced mode, settings tab, click on Directories. Then in the right pane right click on download directories and click on add a directory to this list, then in the popup window navigate to that folder and select it.

I'm not sure that will work with cookies but worth a try.

ATF Cleaner from Atribune is worth a try as well.
    Best regards - Beste Grüße,

Matt