Thread: Introduction to beta-testing (how you can help)...

Default Introduction to beta-testing (how you can help)...

There are a few things you can do to help with beta-testing.
    1. Keep an eye on our project manager

If you are using any kind of RSS reader (News & Blogs in Thunderbird, Firefox, ...), you can subscribe to this RSS feed:
    2. If you see new entries there, vote whether you can reproduce a bug / wish some feature request implemented as well. It's a single click really:

This is more helpful than posting a reply like "I want that, too", since it'll be added to the count in the overview, which helps us shifting priorities (depending on enough participation).
      Also, doing this will be helpful even on already implemented features/fixed bugs.
    3. If you see a bug you know has been fixed and a test is available (e.g. here or directly inside the issue),

and there are no (or not much) comments about the fix, you can test it and post a short reply "Fix confirmed":
    4. If you want to report a problem, report it as a normal topic here and try to describe your problem similar to the way project tools issues use: Situation, Expected and Experienced are usually quite helpful in creating an easy to read report.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Hi,
    Its very interesting and informative.You have bring all good points.Beta testing is the last stage of testing, and normally can involve sending the product to beta test sites outside the company for real-world exposure or offering the product for a free trial download over the Internet. Beta testing is often preceded by a round of testing called alpha testing.The beta phase of software design exposes a new product, which has just emerged from in-house (alpha) testing, to a large number of real people, real hardware, and real usage.Thanks for sharing with us!

Watch out for part two of our christmas presents for more information on how you can help improving Spybot-S&D
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Hi,

Since this thread is named "Introduction to beta-testing (how you can help)..." I thought it might be nice to include info here about where to find the most recent beta and/or release candidate. I'm stumped.
    Last edited by Who Knew; 2008-03-28 at 17:42. Reason: To check the thread subscription

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Who Knew:

The final version of Spybot 1.5 (Spybot 1.5.2.20) was published after the date of the last post prior to yours. As far as I know there is no current public beta version being tested.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Bata 4 problems on windows 7

I have found two problems that are driving me crazy,,,

1st - I would like to turn off 'Live Protection' it checks everything I open and slows down my system.

2nd - Immunization still does not work. After running the immunize everything is protected. As soon as I close the Immunization window all the protection is lost.... when I reopen the Immunization panel nothing is protected, I have to re-Immunize every time I open the program and leave the Immunization panel/page open.

Win7 (64bit), Intel i3, 8gb ram, loads of hard drive space.
    Spybot - bata 4, ver. 2.0.6.131 B20111005.

Dragonfire

Unhappy more Beta 4 info

hi, I'm back again,,,

Found and fixed the 'Live Protection'.

The immunization continues to fail, it has to be restarted everytime....

New problem.... When I reboot my system SB S&S forgets all the settings I set-up?? Any Ideas?????

**** Fix request: Please restore the 'Ignored Cookies' section to the Beta 4 program,,, I hate having to re-register all the time with my banks, Credit cards, Hydro, Water...... etc,,,,,

Dare I say new results format is confusing! After scanning, I was not sure if it had found threats or not! The old reporting system was much more straightforward - 'x' threats found.

Default bot machine

hi English, would be nice, if bot support forum could be straigt readed, in french, cause a lot of French are using bot machine down here, cause is not a bunker machine, and donnation is free, so mind it.

Have a nice day English

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.p...42&postcount=2
    Last edited by tashi; 2012-08-01 at 18:04. Reason: Added link. :-)