Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Invalid Floating Point Operation

Thanks a lot PepiMK for your quick answer.

Well so I use Windows Xp 32 bits and I confirm that I can access to the update page by the start menu (the screen with the options "display beta updates" and "display updates to all langages").

BUT: at the end of the update, I've got a message (from Spybot I think) who says that a mallicious code has been introduced in the update.

I will try your two things this afternoon but I have to go now.

Anyway, thanks again for your support!

Well I've uninstalled the previous version and reinstall with the MSI installer but it's strictly the same:

"Invalid Floating Point Operation" when clicking on the "search for update" button and here is what happens if I try to download the updates by the start menu:

first, thanks PepiMK for looking into this!
    Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    to2012... even though you write about "exactly" the same problem there
    Although seems pretty similar, the "Invalid Floating Point" error on update launch from spybot is, for me, not always fatal. However, it always leads to a suspicious end. E.g., like to2012's "... inject malicious code ...", or a flood of IE popups (even though I'm running firefox). BTW, I'm running Win2K, perhaps this explains subtle differences in symptoms.
    Last edited by max540; 2007-10-04 at 19:49.

Ok all seems to work now.

For those with the same problem, here is the solution (in french) :

http://www.sur-la-toile.com/modules....=84433&forum=5

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by tot2012 View Post
    ... here is the solution (in french) ...
    Merci de l'indicateur. Puisque je ne sais pas lire des Français, ceci être un bon essai de la technologie de traduction de google. Je lui donnerai un essai ce week-end. De nouveau, merci ...

Just few words about Google translations.:

They can't be called translations (a translator speaking)

So don't rely on them too much. I had a look at the text.

Too much for a machine or a software.

I'm having this "Invalid Floating Point Operation" problem.

But I've tried many times to download ad aware or any type of spyware detecting program. At first the computer wouldn't even do anything at all. But I just downloaded firefox and it runs a million times faster. And that is the weird part. I could download firefox but anything that has to do with getting the spyware off the computer as soon as it is completely downloaded I get the same error message. I'm really confused and I've went from forum to forum trying to read about what the problem was and this is the only one that seemed helpful. So Please help before I cut my head off in frustration.

And Hi I'm new.

Quote Originally Posted by MacPeter View Post
    ... Too much for a machine or a software ...
    I took a look and I concur. I think I'll punt and reinstall the OS.
    Last edited by max540; 2007-10-10 at 05:49.

Default Ad ware/aware ?

Quote Originally Posted by CitrusX View Post
    I'm having this "Invalid Floating Point Operation" problem.

But I've tried many times to download ad aware or any type of spyware detecting program. At first the computer wouldn't even do anything at all. But I just downloaded firefox and it runs a million times faster. And that is the weird part. I could download firefox but anything that has to do with getting the spyware off the computer as soon as it is completely downloaded I get the same error message. I'm really confused and I've went from forum to forum trying to read about what the problem was and this is the only one that seemed helpful. So Please help before I cut my head off in frustration.

Ad Aware is ****!!

The only thing you can do with that is download it, and find out how many problems there are with your computer, but it doesn't let you delete or fix those problems without buying a registration code, and even if you do buy a registration code, or whichever it asks for, it won't be correct anyway.

And you can't find a working one on the internet anywhere. God knows how many sites i searched through trying to find one, i found like, 12 or something, and none of them worked.
    =(

But it also makes your PC run as slow as a sack of potatoes.

=(
    Last edited by unknown nirk; 2007-10-15 at 15:24.

Default Invalid FLoating Point Errors

I get the invalid floating point error when trying to run Spybot.
    I get the invalid floating point error when trying to reinstall Spybot.
    I cannot remove Spybot through control panel, or with the Spybot uninstaller.

I could not read the removal instructions posted above in French.

I cannot run other programs. This all occurred after updating to v1.5, running, and removing some Russian Adaware program.

I cannot boot into safe mode either. My system is slower than heck.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!