Thread: SpyAgent unvise32.exe - Mystery Solved? Pinnacle Studio 8...

Question SpyAgent unvise32.exe - Mystery Solved? Pinnacle Studio 8...

Hello,

I'm new to these forums. I registered just yesterday to get the lowdown on this SpyAgent detection by Spybot which comes from the detection of the file C:\WINDOWS\unvise32.exe

I think I've found the source of this file on my own machine. I believe it came from installing Pinnacle Studio 8 (a video editing package that came free with my ATI Radeon 9600 All-In-Wonder graphics card).

I got this hunch after doing a few Google searches for things such as "spyagent unvise32.exe" and later things like "unvise32.exe Pinnacle Studio 8" ...etc.

I got the idea to try and uninstall Pinnacle Studio 8 and two related add-on effects packs that came with it (they're called something like "Pinnacle Hollywood FX Pack"). When I do this, SpyBot instantly jumps up any says that has terminated the process for unvise32.exe.

Here's a screenshot:

So, I think I'm right in thinking that this Pinnacle Studio junk is the reason unvise32.exe is on my computer in the first place. It's used during the installation and uninstallation of these video programs and add-ons...

Would the experts here concur?

Thanks for any help and insight into this!

Itīs a false positive which has already been discussed here.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.