Thread: Heads up..general Info

Question Heads up..general Info

Im not sure this is the right section. But where do u post about new threats? in order to help the spybot team aware?

there is a new trojan it seems, that causes and unwanted msg to be sent to your contact list.
    Format: some msg, then sends u a zip file. example:

OMG! is this u? hahah I found your pic on the internet!!
    UserX sends img(some number).zip

now it seems it numbers the zips staring from one based on your infection.
    in some scanners other than spybot - one url always popped up, Xwww.photosharin.comX
    ignore the X please..I just didnt want it to link there... ive never been and i dont want anyone else other than a professional to do so.
    *Where do I go to have them (site, site owners) checked out? or who am I to report them to?
    I chose u guys because u always have the lovely characteristic of Blocking harmful sites and I hope this helps.

Ive managed to clear a few computers of it for my friends but I dont know the EXACT culprit.. here are the ones so far.

troj.printspool - on machine 1 that infected the others that follow.

Machine 2
    troj.muldrop.402
    Trojan.MulDrop.9014,
    MAchine 3
    Trojan.MulDrop.420,
    Trojan.Isbar.394,

Spybot detected and removed but it had kept coming back on machine 1.
    I got it off by ruining the registry, and reinstalling windows,with the option leave files intact...that saved me from losing my files.

P.S. Spybot rulez!! always wanted to say that to the team!! Keep up the good work!!
    Last edited by tashi; 2007-09-28 at 08:18. Reason: Moved from malware removal. ;-)

Hi there,

Thank you for the information, and for your kind words.

For future reference, if Spybot-S&D does not detect or remove an item, please zip or rar the file/s if you can find them, and send to: detections(AT)spybot.info (Replace AT with @)

photosharin infections are relatively new, however similar infections passed on via Messenger and Irc are not.

Cheers.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016