Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mailskinner rtk can someone confirm.....

I've been looking into this for about a week and have come to the conclusion that Mailskinner.rtk is a false positive that is actually part of Kaspersky internet securitys outlook express anti spam toolbar..however i'd be happy to be proven wrong by any of the safer networking forums malware pro's..

hope it is a false positive when i run spybot i am getting the same as you guys that posted your logs ...surly if we are all using kaspersky and spybot is showing it then this could be a false positive anyone from spybot no any different .

Thanks
    shaun:

Question I'm not using Kapersky ....

I'm not using Kapersky, but Avira Antivir, however, I receive the same warnings (see enclosure)

Otherwise the behaviour is as described in the previous postings

Anybody got an idea ???

Felix
    Last edited by Felix_BueEyes; 2007-09-30 at 11:01. Reason: translated German posting to English

Talking FW MailSkinner

Hallo to everybody,

the hell to this message of "MailSkinner".

As I got this too, but only after the Update from Sep.26th and also upgrading to version 1,5 I informed Kaspersky Support with necessary files.
    The reply I received was, that it is definately a "False Message" and all my sent posts where OK.
    Now its SpyBot's turn to check and repair this boring problem, as far as I understand.

Just for interest. I scanned my system with some other scanners and got NO message.

So that's my oppinion to that problem.

regards and keep smiling

kerni

Thanks kerni, and cubanice31's machine was found clean here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=123517
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

This false positive will be fixed in our next update on Wednesday. Looks like Mailskinner.rtk is not the only one, who creates these entries.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This false positive will be fixed in our next update on Wednesday. Looks like Mailskinner.rtk is not the only one, who creates these entries.
    Can anyone explain what this file is? If it is a "False Positive" what program does it below to?

RickAce

Thumbs up Next Wednesday Then...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Thanks Buster. That was the response everyone was hoping to hear.

It was a little alarming to see mailskinner appear in the scan results. I personally have been at it for all of yesterday and today. Reloaded Kaspersky and relaoded Spybot... the whole bit. Oh well. Wednesday then.

Default I hoper it works

I hope the next update solves the MailSkinner stuff, because last week when SD discovered I restored mi Windows to a prevous state 5th september using TrueImage and then I realized that was a false positive and it's not funny to download all the update of the 5 antispywares programs I have

Default Errata to my prevous post

I hope the next update solves the MailSkinner stuff, because last week when SD discovered I restored mi Windows to a prevous state dated 5th september using TrueImage and then I realized that was a false positive and it's not funny to rollback to all the updates of the 5 antispywares programs I have at 29th september, believe me, I have Counterspy V2 and it was "merely" 59MB of definitions with a dial-up connection.

So I'm expecting the update to use SD 1.5, because I like the product, I use SD 4 years ago..