Thread: Windows -No Disk problem

Default Windows -No Disk problem

I'm using the latest version of Spybot. I've uninstalled and reinstall it twice but still get the following error when I go to scan my computer. I have a i7 920 processor on a Asus p6t motherboard, 6 gig of memory running XP Pro 64 bit.

Here is the dialog box that comes up when i go to scan.
    "Windows-no disk
    Exception Processing Message
    c0000013 parameters 7c7df5f8 6ae499b8 7c7d5f8 7c7df5f8

I turned of my Ad-ware (Lavasoft) software so it would not cause a problem but that did not stop the problem.

The same time this problem (do know if they are related) but I noticed that the Windows auto install notification does not seem to take meaning that when the notification icon shows up in the tray asking me to click on it to install and I do it goes away for about 5 seconds then reappears again with the same updates are ready to install on your computer, click here to install these updates.

Any help would be grateful. TIA

Hello,

This is a known problem which can occur in Windows.
    The problem is usually caused by having Drive C assigned to a device with removable media. If you have that situation then either put media in Drive C or reassign the device to another letter.

There are instructions for reassigning the device to another letter here:

* "There Is No Disk in the Drive. Please Insert a Disk into Drive \Device\harddisk\Dr1" Error Message When You Start Your Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;330137

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

I've just brought up a quad proc XP x64 box and encountered this problem.
    The machine has a removable media bay for flash cards occupying letter H-K. It is booting off a fixed disk on C:

Only specific scans are triggering the messages. 12 identical errors are displayed for each of the following entries (total 120 messages). I assume this is 3 attempts for each of the 4 removable letters.
    ISearchTech.ISTbar
    GJeans30
    PerfectKeyLogger
    NumbSoft
    Win32.Adload.R
    Win32.Agent.Lpb
    Win32.Brontok
    Win32.Lotto
    Win32.Poison.pg
    Win32.VB.el
    (each name is displayed in the status bar when the messages occur)

Excluding the above using the single item exclusion option resolves the issue.

This issue is caused by attempting to access media in a removable device when the device is mounted, but a volume isn't. The error is associated with CSRSS.EXE, which is the O/S process that handles drive access but is not caused by that process.

You can pretest the drives to for mounted media before scanning to determine media presence, then only scan drives that exist.

One of these might help.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...8VS.85%29.aspx
    Last edited by alssoftware; 2010-07-18 at 00:35.