Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Firewalls - Any Advice?

Default security

I have AVG 8.0 Free Edition, AdAware, Spybot, and Spywareblasters oon my computer. So far they work well together. Is there any chance that they could end up conflicting each other. What firewall will be compatible with what I already have on my computer?

Your configuration is fine. No problems. Any standalone firewall will do.

I hate personal firewalls it always freezes multiplayer games so every time I play (lots everyday) I got to turn it of so i just run through and external firewall

its like this

PC-Lan Switch-Firewall-Router-Internet

I bet there's a name for it but I don't know what its called, but its really good blocks 99% of all the viruses spyware etc...

oh and don't use windows firewall, or any microsoft software for that matter, (I only use windows and that's only because Linux doesn't run my games) and don't use IE USE FIREFOX!!! as soon as I moved to Firefox from IE I got about 90% less spyware, oh and windows secruity center is useless to, if it doesn't totally AGGRIVATE you then its prolly ok to leave it on, but for a gammer like me NO WAY

Hardware firewall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin
    I bet there's a name for it but I don't know what its called, but its really good blocks 99% of all the viruses spyware etc...
    If there was such a thing that would block almost everything, past and future too... that'd be awesome.

bitman said that Mozilla Firefox isn't really that 'safer' than Microsoft Internet Explorer, because it can't be exploited using ActiveX usince Firefox doesn't support it. Besides that, I feel that Mozilla Firefox has the extra bells&whistles plus a friendly user interface with community support :o).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tintin
    oh and windows secruity center is useless to
    Hope the Security Center isn't useless when malware disables your firewall and anti-virus programs.

And FF has some nice addons, like adblock+, flashblock... Block ad servers using right click adblock frame (and strip end of url to block the whole ad.domain.com or ads.adserver.com)...
    I always get "Congratulations, no immediate threats found!"...

Question

I'm thinking about getting a Mac and I was wondering what the best FREE Anti-Virus, Firewall and Anti Spyware programs are, that are Mac compatible?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    Interesting comparison of leak-tests results of various firewalls:
    Any other websites on firewall leak test results?? I need them as a comparision for my school project.
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Office Word 2007

Red Hat Certified Technician (RHEL5) 2009

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

chewdz:

Here's one:

But, the results may be skewed (biased) because the test appears to have been sponsored by Comodo. See:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for the website! My project was done and it looks ok. Thank you once again! =)
    Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Office Word 2007

Red Hat Certified Technician (RHEL5) 2009

Default Comodo

Ok first of all comodo sucks i have installed it multiple times and gotten so many errors the firewall that is built into windows works just fine trust me the only thing u really need is something like Antivir Antivirus and ur good get it its really great and i dont find one problem with it or u can also try green av