Thread: False Positive? Grooveshark.com and Cloudfront.net

Default False Positive? Grooveshark.com and Cloudfront.net

My problem is pretty much the above. I can no longer access websites linked to/using the above listed domains and checked my Hosts File in Spybot and noticed that Cloudfront.net and Grooveshark.com are on the list (being blocked).

I know that Cloudfront.net is related to Amazon, used on several sites and is fairly safe and that Grooveshark.com is a very safe music streaming site. Is there any word on why these domains were blocked on the latest update?

System Information:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit SP-1
    Firefox 8.0 and Internet Explorer 9
    Spybot S&D 1.6.2.46 Update 10/19/2011
    Blocked access to Grooveshark.com and related domains, blocked access to cloudfront.net dependent domains/applications
    Last edited by JamaicanJasta; 2011-10-24 at 01:35. Reason: Added system information

The detection on cloudfront.net will be narrowed down to the subdomain that is used to host malware.
    Grooveshark.com relation to malware will be reviewed since it was advertised by malware and hides its registration information via Domains by Proxy which is suspicious by default for any commercial site.

Update:
    Further analysis of the malware showed that it tried to load a media file at Grooveshark.com which is not present anymore. Therefore Grooveshark will be removed from detection with the next detection update scheduled for Wednesday 2011-10-26.
    Last edited by Yodama; 2011-10-24 at 09:10. Reason: additional information
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Hey Yodama,

Would it be possible to hotfix the scheduled revert?

I work at Grooveshark and we're getting a decent number of emails about our users being unable to visit Grooveshark.

In the meantime we will advise our users who experience this problem to make an exception for Grooveshark in their Spybot S&D settings or disable it completely.

Thank you,

Ty

Hello,

after the update which is released today at about 12:00 CET users only need to reapply the immunization.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.