Thread: FALSE POSITIVE from BAD URL BLOCKER?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default FALSE POSITIVE from BAD URL BLOCKER?

The following was reported while bringing up a MS technet web site at the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scr...r/default.mspx

The error message was:
    Spybot-S&Ds IE helper has detected an URL that is known as a malicious resource.

URL: http://view.atdmt.com/MRT/iview/mcrs...rect/01?click=
    Identified as: /Avenue A, Inc.

This is from a Microsoft Support site. Is it a false positive? What does the site do if indeed it is malevolent?

I'd like to suggest this forum accept cut and paste images as the error from your S&D program only outputs a graphical error message which I had to retype in its entirty.

Thanks for your great work.
    All the best,
    John
    Last edited by ajohn336; 2007-10-04 at 21:18. Reason: added the error message graphic as embedded in an .RTF file.

Itīs a tracking cookie coming from Avenue A, Inc.
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Default This happens on Amazon.com

Why does this happen everytime I open Amazon.com? I do not want this warning coming up every damn time I open Amazon, it's a pain in the butt. How do I get rid of it? I trust Amazon, so I don't want to have to tell Spybot that it needs to quit doing this crap and causing me to really get pissed off. It happens on just about every Amazon page, and I will delete Spybot and stop contributing to your program which I do support shareware that I use, but not when it does stuff like this. Not worth it, I got too much to do to deal with your malfunctioning software. So tell me how to fix it or I am 86ing it and just using Malwarebytes.....

By default the IE Helper blocks silently, you can change this behavior in your IE add-on settings, you will also find a separate configuration menu for Spybot S&D within the Internet Explorer.
    You can configure the IE Helper to block silently (default), to show an information when blocking and to ask for blocking confirmation. In the last case you can decide to permanently unblock items when first encountered.

Now about some other stuff:
    1. Spybot S&D is freeware not shareware, please look up the difference using the Internet.
    2. To enable cut and paste images within is unnecessary since Windows provides taking screen shots from the whole desktop and limited to single windows. If you don't know how to do this look it up.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.