Thread: Program auotrun

Default Program auotrun

Hello,
    I have S&D in advanced mode. I set it to run every night at 1AM. The problem is that I have to be logged on for it to run and I'd prefer not to do that. I have Service pack2, XP Pro. I emailed Spybot about this explaining that I tried to create a password after opening the Scheduled Task box, and clicking the "Set Password" button.I clicked "Apply" and then a Task Scheduler box appeared saying "An error has occurred while attempting to set task account information. The specific error is 0x80070005:Access is denied.You do not have permission to perform the requested operation." Now I told them it sounds like the program thinks I don't have administrator privileges which in fact I do. I was told if I "didn't want to create a password I could click the "Run only if logged on" button which I was forced to do from then until now as I am writing this. Does anybody have any ideas of what I can try to undo this? When I first put S&D into advanced mode, I believe it was running without me having to be logged on. To be honest, I'm not sure if I may have done something that may have canceled the password setting out or something. But there's got to be something I can do. Any and all ideas, suggestions and unconventional methods are welcome.
    Thank you
    Last edited by Jehovah-Shammah; 2007-10-05 at 19:26. Reason: Misspelled word

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

See if these two threads were people were receiving 0x80070005 errors, help you:

Also there is a workaround for the password requirement in Windows XP that 100mill was considerate enough to share with us. See the following thread:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.