Thread: Placing Tea Timer in System Tray

Default Placing Tea Timer in System Tray

Installed SpyBot S&D. It did not place Tea Timer in System Tray. How do I place it there?

Hello,

Do you really have activated the resident TeaTimer?
    Please run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can tick the checkboxes in front of the the resident TeaTimer.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default One more issue

I was able to activate Tea Timer per your instructions (thank you). However, when I tried to change my homepage (excite.com) on IE, SpyBot would not let me. Any work around for this?

Follow the same path as above, only instead of 'Resident' click 'IE Tweaks.' Un-check the box 'Lock IE start page', set the home page you want, and recheck the box. But you shouldn't have to take those steps. I have TeaTimer and that Tweak enabled, and if I change the homepage I get an 'Allow/Deny' pop-up and move on.

Also, SuperAntispyware and Spyware Blaster (and maybe others) prevent changing homepage, but they do it by 'greying-out' that choice in IE.

DELL Latitude C600/Pent III/1.0Ghz/10Gb/256Mb/WinXPro SP2/FF20016&IE6/
    Zone Alarm / avast! / Spybot S&D, SuperAntispyware, Malwarebytes & Spyware Blaster

Default I'll need further assistance

Keith: Thanks for the thought; however, that did not do the trick. Everytime I try to change my homepage back to excite.com I receive a message box which has only a box to click which says "remember my decision". However, when you click inside that box nothing happens. When you close out that box another message dialogue pops up which says "attempt to change home page blocked". There does not appear to be any reason for this. I believe it is an inherent flaw with the Spy Bot program. Very frustrating!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

millerg:

What version of Spybot are you running? To find out, go into Spybot > Help > About.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

millerg:

Without waiting for you to respond to my previous post:

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post

millerg:

What version of Spybot are you running? To find out, go into Spybot > Help > About.
    I'll assume that you are running Spybot 1.4 and offer the following:

Spybot 1.4 is an old version of Spybot (Spybot 1.5 is the latest).

There was a bug in TeaTimer 1.4. Portions of TeaTimer's popup dialog overlay the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons. On my system the very top edges of the "Allow change" button (on the left) and "Deny change" button (on the right) are showing and I am still able to select the options. I also can check "Remember this decision" since it is visible. If no portion of the "Allow change" and "Deny change" buttons are showing, you can answer TeaTimer's popup dialog (English language version) by pressing "A" on your keyboard for "Allow change" or "D" for "Deny change". Note: If you close the dialog without answering "Allow change" or "Deny change" the registry change is denied.

If you can't deal with the problem that way, you can:
    1. Download and install Spybot 1.5.

2. Apply one of the workarounds found in the following thread that fixes the pop-up dialog so the buttons are visible:

There are three (3) fixes published in that thread. They are:

1. The ResHacker fix published by ElPiedra here:
      2. The murdo patch published here:

Also republished by RuggeR29 (which I have never tried) here:
      3. The patch originally by SyreneD that I published here:

Also republished by SyreneD himself here:

3. Disable TeaTimer as follows:
      • Go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Tools > Resident.
      • Uncheck the following:
        • Resident "TeaTimer" (Protection of over-all system settings) Active.

Notes about the patches (b. and c. above):

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Success!

Running SpyBot 1.5. Apparently it has the same malfunction as 1.4. However, I was able to use your suggested fix and simply pressed "a" for accept and was able to sucessfully change my home page. Thank you!

millerg:

Spybot 1.5 does not have that same problem with TeaTimer as Spybot 1.4 had!!!

To make sure what version of Spybot you are actually running, please go into Spybot > Help > about and post what version you are running.