Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Helloween Edition - beta 1

i noticed that the progression bar in update, is now gone. Is this a planned thing? or a boo-boo?

Is there away we can take the schredder out of the context menu?

SO far I notice nothing wrong with it. Works great!

There's no shredder in the context menu?

That's a completely different thing - it allows hard removal of files, even if they're running or locked by other applications. During installation, it can be (un)selected under the name Spybot-S&D File Eraser.

Progress bar: might be some confusion with the new file size column? Will have to check!
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    There's no shredder in the context menu?

That's a completely different thing - it allows hard removal of files, even if they're running or locked by other applications. During installation, it can be (un)selected under the name Spybot-S&D File Eraser.

Progress bar: might be some confusion with the new file size column? Will have to check!
    Sorry for confusion here. There *IS* the schredder present in context menu. Was asking how to get rid of it?

I dont really need the progress bar, just was noting that it was not there anymore

Do you have a screenshot? There's simply no code to set up the shredder for the context menu (we're speaking about the context menu for files in Windows Explorer, right?), so I'm quite confused now

The only context menu item that gets installed during installation would be the one showing "Erase using Spybot - Search & Destroy". That's linked to SDDelFile.exe, not to SDShred.exe.

The registry entry for this would be HKCR*\Shell\sddelfile, just remove that and it won't appear again (until you use SDDelFile.exe on the command line).

If you really refer to a shredder entry, I really need a screenshot :D

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Do you have a screenshot? There's simply no code to set up the shredder for the context menu (we're speaking about the context menu for files in Windows Explorer, right?), so I'm quite confused now

The only context menu item that gets installed during installation would be the one showing "Erase using Spybot - Search & Destroy". That's linked to SDDelFile.exe, not to SDShred.exe.

The registry entry for this would be HKCR*\Shell\sddelfile, just remove that and it won't appear again (until you use SDDelFile.exe on the command line).

If you really refer to a shredder entry, I really need a screenshot :D
    Yeah, thats the one Im talking about

I don't know the second one, that one is not coming from Spybot-S&D, but the first one is the thing I mentioned in post #22, and NOT the shredder See post #24 on how to remove it

Default Faster

Thanks Pepi
    it's much faster also in the updating definition process.

Ferrux

Oh sorry, I didnt really explain that last post, but will now.

Yeah, I do NOW read your instructions on removing the spybot shredder entry.

The second one, is from the ERASURE shreddar, which I recommend and prefer!

Thanks I now know how to fix what I want to

Default Same Question

Quote Originally Posted by DrDemento View Post
    As a novice could someone please explain how I go about installing this new beta .17? Do I uninstall version 1.5 that I currently have with the .16 beta patch first and then download and intall this new Beta as a full install?
    I have not seen a reply on the forum to DrDemento's question? Did I miss it? I have Version 1.5.1.15 with the slow loading problem. I downloaded the Hallowe'en version, but before installing need to know if I should first do a clean uninstall of the 1.5.1.15.

My thanks.....

Miki

I think there should be no issue with installing over top of your current installation. But, for me, I always do a clean install, but, thats just the way I am.