Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Helloween Edition - beta 1

Well you see the thing is, it could be my setup becuase it worked fine before then all of a sudden it stopped detecting firefox along with spywareblaster, i have no clue, i just thought it was a problem with vista and spybot.

So... it is on Vista in your case? Then it was probably this issue, but not fixed for you?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Could be the Vista issue but im not 100% sure, it worked before but not now and nothing changed, execpt i update software as usual when new versions come out, ive never added anything new, and yeah i still have the problem.

Default whats the go?

I took a long time to type my bugs, please read

Windows Vista Home Premium
    32-bit Operating System
    1014 MB RAM
    Intel(R) Core(TM) Duo CPU T2450 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
    -----------------------------------------------------

1. When i installed the Halloween Edition i selected download updates, unticked languages and blinduser. I got this error

Unable to execute file:
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDWinSec.exe

CreateProcess failed; code 740.
    The requested operation requires elevation.

2. When the steps window popped up, with the 1 out of 7 steps displayed i pressed 'Next step' or whatever its called and it went straight to the 7th step, where did the other 5 go?

3. Why is it when i selected Update there was available updates and one called 'updated immunization database' when i selected download updates immediately in immunization.

4. When i clicked immunize after all the updates i just downloaded, the immunization and English files and startup entry, i clicked immunize and i got this dialog error
    'You are missing administrator rights to perform this action.
    If you need to do this, please run this application elevated as administrator.'
    The problem is i went to control panel - user accounts. And my User account is the only one there and it says it is an administrator and password protected
    e.g

heath
    Administrator
    Password protected

I than pressed ok and it went to the immunize screen in SB and the scanning to see what was immunized and what wasn't started and i had 0 immunized and so i pressed immunize and i got a different elevated administrator rights warning but it than immunized 26975 items and35941 remain unprotected. Whats going on here?

5. Why is English and Esperanto under languages, i chose English, i love Esperanto but i didn't install it or choose it, its a universal language but default it why?
    --------------------------------------------------
    King of zlobtrojan, virusburst, spyaxe, and elite bar infections.

@sims39: is this different from the previous page?

1. Vista should ask for elevation when starting the installer. Did it do that? If not, that's indeed a bug in the installer (in that case we might rename it to spybotsd-setup.exe or something, because Vista recognizes "setup" as part of the filename as an installer as well).

2. The others inbetween are conditional ones; e.g. there's one to allow you to import the Internet Explorer proxy settings. If you don't have a proxy set up in Internet Explorer, it isn't shown at all.

3. The immunization database isn't part of the updates downloaded during the installation. Maybe we should add it there though, good point

4. Again, that's already answered on the previous page, see FAQ #042 I linked there.
    On Vista, even as an administrator, you have to tell the computer you want to do an administrator operation.

5. Also already answered. Should've copied only the open parts ;-p

Default one bug remaining

Vista didn't ask for that elevated thing before install, i installed it, updates downloaded immediately than when i clicked finished and spybot launched i got that error i mentioned in bug number 1
    --------------------------------------------------
    King of zlobtrojan, virusburst, spyaxe, and elite bar infections.

Esteemed Member

Clean install on XP SP2. Running well. Now only 3 seconds for the GUI to show (faster than ever :-).

Default Halloween Beta Fixed at Least One Prob

Halloween Beta solved the slow load prob. Thanks.
    But...I believe I read that there was no immunization update with the beta .17...is this true? Because I thought I saw it there and was really happy that it worked; but if there wasn't one, then I feel pretty dumb thinking that this fixed the immunization problem when we don't know that yet.(Please inform.)

Finally, I've never run a beta while there was a final available, so how does the update work now? If I just do a standard update, won't that just update v1.5.1.15 and negate the Halloween beta? I'd really appreciate an explanation on that too.

Thanks.

Esteemed Member

The updates are the same for both.

@Sleek26: I tested Firefox support a bit more; on real machines with Vista as well as on virtual machines, both with regular and the roaming/etc folder structures. Firefox well detected :-/

@sims39: looking deeper into 1. currently, did just reproduce it.