Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Helloween Edition - beta 1

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by drragostea View Post
    I think what Terminator was trying to say was to right click the Spybot-SD desktop icon in Vista and click on 'Run as Admin'.
    Thats exactly what I was trying to say, Thanks drragostea.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Thats exactly what I was trying to say, Thanks drragostea.

Thanks everybody. I do understand that I can right-click on the SpyBot Icon (on the desktop) and then select Run as Administrator.

My original question pertained to the notice that I received while the SpyBot 1.6 was downloading and installing. Just before it finished downloading/installing, I got the small pop-up box stating:

"Unable to execute file: C:\Program Files\Spy Bot - Search and Destroy\SD Win Sec.exe.
    Create Process failed; code 740. The requested operation requires elevation."

That is what I was concerned about. That was something, I believe, that was supposedly trying to execute during the download/install (I could not right-click on that).
    The SpyBot 1.6 appears to have installed correctly/properly, but I was concerned about the notice I received "during" the download/install. What did it mean and if it didn't execute (SD Win Sec.exe) what are the repercussions?
    Thanks
    Alice

(I posted originally elsewhere prior to seeing this thread, which I thought was concerning that file (SD Win Sec.exe) and it's non-executing.)
    Vista Home Premium sp1 / IE7 / Toshiba Satellite notebook 3GB Ram / 250GB HD / Defender / AVG 8 / SpyBot S&D 1.6 / SpyWare Blaster

No problem Terminator . tiger2, your query was answered in another thread in Spybot forums.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=31464&page=3