Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems in include files, 'sbi'

I have exactly the same problem with 1.4 and XP Home/SP2. I found the Include error.log (not easy) and it says:
    c:\Program files\spybot sd\includes\TrojanC.sbi l Zlob.DNSChanger.rtk l <$file_exe>

I assume that this is an FP resulting from the last update.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

kshaw:

Quote Originally Posted by kshaw View Post
    I assume that this is an FP resulting from the last update.
    They are not false positives. They are errors caused by new detection rules that are incompatable with Spybot 1.4.

These new detection rules use the new Anti-Rootkit plugins #1, #2 and #3 that only have been offered as updates to Spybot 1.5.2.

If you upgrade to Spybot 1.5.2 you will no longer get the errors and in addition will be performing rootkit searches while doing a Spybot "Check for problems".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thanks for your prompt response. I will upgrade.

Default Re: "this very small fix"

md usa spybot fan:

I use Spybot S & D v1.4 and I've received the same warning message as reported by others: "There were problems in the include file C:/program files/spybot.search_destroy/includes/trojansC.sbi". I've downloaded version 1.5.2.0. Your uninstall instructions from a previous post (4/12/08) mention also downloading "this very small fix" or "remove-spybotsd-settings.reg" to remove any registry entries left. I'm unclear as to how this works. It looks like just a half page listing of registry entries. What do I do with them and how?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Bobemm:

I'm sorry I couldn't find a related posting of mine on 2008-04-08, however I found this on 2008-04-11. Is this the thread and the post you are referring to?

If so, I though the instructions as to what to do were relatively explicated.

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    • If you want to make sure that all the registry entries that Spybot-S&D added during installation are removed, there is a .reg file available on the safer-networking.org WEB site that can do that (I recommend that you do this since some registry entries that were used in Soybot 1.4 are no longer used in Spybot 1.5). See the following article:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Include file ERRROR, NOT there nor here . . .

Quote Originally Posted by md usa spybot fan View Post
    LoneLurker:

Is the include file error gone?

After the 2008-04-09 updates 120085 is the correct scan count without usage tracks and 122776 is the correct scan count with usage tracks. If you want to scan for usage tracks, go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced Mode > Settings > File Sets and check the last two items:
    • Usage Tracking
    • Tracks uti
    Thank you for the clearing up of the difference in total scan items. Thought that was checked and did not bother to investigate.

When I ran SBS&D yesterday that Include error did not show but had RED Microsoft alert on some Registry entries that were supposed to be there. They were some locks I had placed in there to prevent any changes to my DeskTop.

Do not understand why the v1.5.2.20 did not download and install on my system when the update was run. It was shown as having been installed but was not there, any where, there was not even a zipped file for installation nor any exe either. Not until I did the download yesterday and removed the old version then installed the new. As soon as this has been posted I plan on running the scan again to verify the Includes errror has gone away. Will post my results as soon as the scan is complete, later.

Again, would like to apologize for this problem of not getting the message to you sooner to clear the missed message. I did not nor do I remember receiving a notice of your post six months ago, I may have just missed it or did not receive it. Did have some problems with my ISP sending some of my e-mail to a 'bulk' folder and I may have just missed it. That problem has been changed and all mail is landing in my mail box, so far. I am aware of that problem and watch for any miss-labeling of messages by them.

Do not have the time nor space to give a full explanation of all the problems that have run through my system and my household in the last six months.

Thank you for helping and for reading my roaster poster,
    Last edited by LoneLurker; 2008-04-14 at 00:24. Reason: Typing errors, using the wrong keys . . .
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Default Include file ERRROR, NOT there nor here . . .

For a change from ME! that terrible 'Include file Error' is no longer present, very conspicuously missing.

The last report after my usual scan is,

"Congratulations!
    No immediate threats were found."
    [Nothing shown below that entry. This is my entry.]

I also presume the RootKit scan took place automatically with the scan. I have other RootKit scanning software that is run maybe once a week, one is from System Internals that is now a part of Microsoft.

This will be my last message, unless you have further questions.

I await your answer, thank you for the assistance and your patients plus for reading my jumbled questions and answers. You seem to do a very good job of extracting the information I need and guiding me in the correct direction.
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Default SpyBot Fan: That's the one, sorry about the wrong date

The uninstall instructions from the safer-networking.org site appear straightforward. My question refers to the following lines:

# The direct download link is:
    this very small fix
    --- or ---
    remove-spybotsd-settings.reg
    # Download the file.
    # Double click on it
    # Answer Yes then OK

I was looking for a file with an ".exe" extension somewhere but apparently you are saying a ".reg" will work also. Is this correct? Is this some sort of "batch" file?

Also, would a third party registry cleaner (like "Tune-up Utilitites") work as well?
    bobemm

Default REGISTRY adjustment . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bobemm View Post
    The uninstall instructions from the safer-networking.org site appear straightforward. My question refers to the following lines:

# The direct download link is:
    this very small fix
    --- or ---
    remove-spybotsd-settings.reg
    # Download the file.
    # Double click on it
    # Answer Yes then OK

I was looking for a file with an ".exe" extension somewhere but apparently you are saying a ".reg" will work also. Is this correct? Is this some sort of "batch" file?

Also, would a third party registry cleaner (like "Tune-up Utilitites") work as well?
    bobemm
    Excuse me for jumping in here, but; from my experiences that, remove-spybotsd-settings.reg, is a file that gives instructions to a special registry editing abilities to correct errors, add data, remove data, et ceteras to the registry file. All that is needed is to download that file and then double click it and the action is completed.

Hope that HELPS, if not you may need to wait until tomorrow when they are back on line again. They are in Germany, different time zone.