Thread: version 1.5

Default version 1.5

Hi all - I have just joined and have read thru alot of posts looking for a link to download the earlier version of S&D. The problem I was having after I downloaded 1.5 was my anti-virus went crazy and I could not get netscape, IE or AOL to open. I then uninstalled 1.5 and all is fine. I had absolutely no problems with S&D 1.4 but I cannot locate a link to download it. Can anyone direct me? Thank you in advance. I am looking forward to being a member on this forum. Lenelan

Quote Originally Posted by Lenelan View Post
    Hi all - I have just joined and have read thru alot of posts looking for a link to download the earlier version of S&D. The problem I was having after I downloaded 1.5 was my anti-virus went crazy and I could not get netscape, IE or AOL to open. I then uninstalled 1.5 and all is fine. I had absolutely no problems with S&D 1.4 but I cannot locate a link to download it. Can anyone direct me? Thank you in advance. I am looking forward to being a member on this forum. Lenelan
    Hello Lenelan and welcome to the forums.
    Actually 1.5 is preferred to 1.4 which is why we do not distribute it on our download server anymore.

What exactly occured with your anti-virus?
    Which anti-virus solution are you using?
    Did you try disabling the Spybot S&D Teatimer?
    Which operating system are you using?
    Did any messages appear? If possible post some screenshots.

With more information we may be able to locate the source of this issue and solve it.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Look here:

Specifically:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default 1.4 vs 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    Hello Lenelan and welcome to the forums.
    Actually 1.5 is preferred to 1.4 which is why we do not distribute it on our download server anymore. Thank you and I look forward to learning!

What exactly occured with your anti-virus? It had an error message pop up and told me to uninstall and reinstall
    Which anti-virus solution are you using? Norton AV 2006
    Did you try disabling the Spybot S&D Teatimer? yes and it still made opening programs impossible
    Which operating system are you using? unfortunately Windows Millennium, maybe that has something to do with it...not sure
    Did any messages appear? If possible post some screenshots. No, there were no error messages

With more information we may be able to locate the source of this issue and solve it.
    There isn't much more to add, I downloaded it and ran it, cleaned up cookies, etc and when I tried to go to netscape that is when my AV popped up with the error message and all hell broke loose

Hello,

You did not mentioned at all which error message it was.
    So without any precise description we can not help.
    We can only guessing around - what is not very nice.
    Probably you have problems with the resident protection that you have activated or not?

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

The only error message I received was from my Norton AV - it said internal error and to uninstall and reinstall. I just downloaded again the S&D v1.5 and ran it and after that was done I tried to open up AOL and could not find a connection. I rebooted my computer and was able to open AOL. I do not understand what else I can say. I received no other error messages with S&D. Maybe I am missing something. Thanks in advance.

Thumbs up so you want spybot search an distroy back 1.4,,,here it is

so you want the spybot search an distroy 1.4 back,,,here you go
    -------

http://www.filehippo.com/download_sp...h_destroy/?148

-----
    the newer versions seem to be having to much problems still,,,,, i still have version 1.4
    and i am waiting for awhile before i try this new version 1.5.????.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenelan View Post
    The only error message I received was from my Norton AV - it said internal error and to uninstall and reinstall. I just downloaded again the S&D v1.5 and ran it and after that was done I tried to open up AOL and could not find a connection. I rebooted my computer and was able to open AOL. I do not understand what else I can say. I received no other error messages with S&D. Maybe I am missing something. Thanks in advance.
    Maybe a look at scan and fix logs will give us the info we need. You will find them if you switch Spybot S&D into advanced mode and do the following:
    * navigate to "tools" - "view report"
    * click on "view previous reports"
    * choose a Fixes.log , the number in the filename is the date: YYMMDD-hhmm
    * export the file to a text file
    * please repeat the export of the fixes log for the last couple of fixes
    * attach them to your next post or send them via email to detections-at-spybot.info (replace -at- with @at)

Spybot S&D Downloads

Hmm, my daughter is having similar problems. She has XP and also has Norton anti-virus. I'm wondering if it is a Norton problem?

As of now we cannot confirm any incompatibility issues with Norton, though you should make sure to have an updated version of Norton.

There has been an issue with the Internet Explorer 6 when the googletoolbar was installed and activated.
    see here

If you have trouble starting a browser this may be related to other plugins/add-ons as well. Please tell us if you have plugins/add-ons installed so we can check if they are related to this issue.

Spybot S&D Downloads