Thread: Cannot load SpyBot SD

Exclamation Cannot load SpyBot SD

Hey admin, Ive got something weird here. On this day, Oct. 15, 2007, I cannot load Spybot. I try to download the newer version, but still I cannot run the setup program. Then i try to download another Spyware program but still the setup program cannot run. I try SpywareBlaster but still it doesnt run. All Anti-spyware, the Spybot and the PestPtrol,(I can use the both without any problems), and all setup program, I cannot run, or install.
    Please help me.

Hello.

Have you ran an on-line anti virus scan? Not the resident one already on the computer.

Also what is the operating system, and is it up to date with a Service Pack and patches?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

I havent. Maybe you could suggest one site, I try Trend Micro but the connection timed out.
    My PC is XP SP2.
    Ive try NOD32 and found the files hggffeb.dll and jkhhi.dll in system32, running at operating memory.
    I successfully run the setup of SBSD at safe mode, but still, the new version cannot load. I think a program is blocking it, not only SBSD but also other Anti spyware programs.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenlink View Post
    I havent. Maybe you could suggest one site, I try Trend Micro but the connection timed out.
    My PC is XP SP2.
    Ive try NOD32 and found the files hggffeb.dll and jkhhi.dll in system32, running at operating memory.
    I successfully run the setup of SBSD at safe mode, but still, the new version cannot load. I think a program is blocking it, not only SBSD but also other Anti spyware programs.
    Many antivirus vendors have free onlinescanners, for instance Kaspersky.

If a malware process suppress the execution of Spybot S&D try renaming the SpybotSD.exe to something else like bla.scr .

scr is the screensaver extension and usually executable.

If you get Spybot S&D to run create a Spybot S&D report file:
    • Switch to Spybot S&D advanced mode
    • navigate to tools - view report
    • mark all check boxes and click on the "view report button"
    • export the report to a text file and attach it to your next post
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Default same problem

i encountered this exact problem two days ago on my mates pc, exact problem, i used ewido online spyware scan, the best to use, it removed a tonne but it still didnt fix the problem, it must be new spyware.
    Or a virus, will do more research tomorrow
    --------------------------------------------------
    King of zlobtrojan, virusburst, spyaxe, and elite bar infections.

Unhappy

Trend Micro's new antiVirus program does NOT like SpyBot. Doesn't warn you on the box, but when you go to install it, only then do you learn, it forces you to completely get rid of SpyBot to complete the install. Does Best Buy take back opened software? Hahaha.

I am now stuck where you are, except I got there in reverse order .

What's more, I've paid for the TM software and had to uninstall SpyBot. At first, I wasn't worried as I'd been ready to install the new version. Thought I could now that I already had my new A-V program in place. According to your post and my experience (see below), I will not succeed.

It even made it very hard for me to access this Forum and register - at least, I assume it was a nasty from them responsible. The SpyBot registration page even to "contact us" (the email option, but not for forums), kept claiming I had written the anti-BOT/Spam recognition text incorrectly.

I had not. Then suddenly - - it worked.
    Why? I don't know. Maybe it has a built in try limit (I won't admit how many times I had a go at it...) .

I thoroughly resent this. It appears that Trend Micro has been co-opted by Microsoft as noted by the ways the Windows system recognizes and works with it (starting with the Security system!). Hmmm. I've been irritated for some time that my last download of SpyBot came with an unfixable ferror not allowing the IE blocks the way it used to..

Even Windows Defender is allowed to remain merely "disabled" without uninstallation... (and get this!) When you go to open its Properties box, you get a BIG color advert. for the T Micr program saying basically - "It's OK, folks. This system is being looked after by Trend Micro now!"

Bill Gates doesn't like you, Patrick. How long can you keep it up? I think sadly of the good guys at SKYPE who ended up selling out to EBAY! So much for the family of Skype callers - each of whom made it cheaper for the others. Until….BigBAY entered the picture and made ‘em an offer they couldn’t refuse. (Of GOOGLE’s “Dark Side” , we speak not. )

The problem here, is that if you won’t work with the Gates Foundation as it were, they can make it impossible to keep up a super quality product by trying to bring you down!
    I could keep blablabla -ing about this for a long time, but I can’t believe this is news to your band of stalwarts at SpyBot. I’m sure there’s a lot going on behind the scenes (invisible to us, your loyal fans and beneficiaries, that is).

I’ll just comment that Nature does not abhor a vacuum, more than Corporate Capitalism abhors free products. - genuinely free, that is…relying only on the conscience of the consumers. (Mine is giving me a twinge right now. )

I feel sad as I contemplate the future in many ways, but as pertains to SBot, well, it’s been nice while it lasted, Patrick. You already qualify for beatification in my book.

Rereading my editorial comments and preceding thread, I see the connection I was making was unclear. Everyone reported their problem being monitored by Hijack This manufactured by Trend Micro. That’s where I saw the plot thickening.

Especially because of my experience with their new A-V program.

From their Read-Me manual, I get still more dismal news. It seems that whatever the problem is, this software is permanent. Although it comes with an uninstall program, it doesn’t work.

What’s more, this installation problem is unique to SpyBot as the quote (below) shows. Here it specifies the SpyBot immunization feature alone can be uninstalled
    NOT SO IN THE INSTRUCTIONS! Before it would let be install my new software, it required a complete uninstall of SpyBot!

Without immunization it sure would lose a lot even had I known...I wonder if I can reinstall Spy Bot in Oct of 2008 or if the old trend micro program will permanently block it. I think so. Ironically, I bought this &@#&?!*%> software because of a major uninstall problem with my corporate Symantec Anti-Virus program. Subscription ran out in September. Suddenly, an old partially uninstalled Norton Systems work feature, blocked all my private programs - meaning among others, all email access.

So in desperation, I jumped right from that frying pan into this fire. Looking over the whole Read-Me file, I see it has to be the buggiest program ever written anyhow - and that’s just what they know in the first month. And they sell these things??????? FYI

Thanks to removing all A-V programs the first time it runs, I know now what happened to my ADA WARE. Into the cauldron of Trend Micro. Gee. I don't know much about it, but I suspect it's a lot easier to write a program without coding in a lot of exclusions!

Needless to say, you who are having problems with downloading SpyBot now, I am going to suppose two things:
    1) it’s the immunization feature sticking and
    2) it may be “transmitted” by other Trend Micro products - like Hijack This.

5.1 Installation Considerations
    =====================================================================

Before installing Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008,
    take note of the following requirements:

a. Before installing Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008,
    please remove any other software protecting your computer
    against viruses or spyware, or else those programs will be
    removed during the installation of Trend Micro AntiVirus plus
    AntiSpyware…..

c. You cannot add or remove Trend Micro AntiVirus plus
    AntiSpyware 2008 features after installation.

7. Known Issues
    ========================================================================

This release contains the following known issues:

7.1 Installing, Upgrading or Uninstalling
    ======================================

a. You must completely uninstall the Immunize feature of Spybot
    Search & Destroy before starting to install Trend Micro
    AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008.

b. Uninstalling Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008 and
    restarting the computer fails to remove the Trend Micro TMTDI
    file from the Windows Device Manager.