Thread: Can't access tradedoubler.com which is NOT spyware

Exclamation Can't access tradedoubler.com which is NOT spyware

Tradedoubler.com is a harmless affiliate networking site which I use to earn cashback on many purchases.

Since just installing SpyBot and immunizing, it has prevented access to any *.tradedoubler.com site, thus I am losing potential cashback on purchases.

I have undone the immunization, but still when I try to access the sites, literally nothing happens in IE7.

Please can you help me restore functionality of *.tradedoubler.com.

PLEASE also remove it from future versions - it is a friendly site, no threat, and many people use it to earn cashback.

hello,

tradedoubler is not added to the Spybot S&D Immunization. It is blocked via the SDHelper within the Internet Explorer because of it's tracking cookies.

If you want to access the site, go to 'Extras' within the Internet Explorer and go to the Spybot S&D Configuration. In the Settings tab choose 'Ask for blocking confirmation' from the drop down menu.
    When you enter doubleclick.com you will now get a SDHelper window in which you can decide allow tradedoubler with different options like for this session only or permanently.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Thank you, by extras you mean right-click the Spybot icon in the tasktray. I have done that and it works now.

Can I strongly suggest that you please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, make this the default action for Tradedoubler, if not all tracking cookies. Tradedoubler's cookies are completely harmless, in fact they only do good by awarding you cashback.

Spybot shouldn't make users come to a forum to discover why their cashback links are dead. There must be 1,000s of people who didn't find out and just gave up with Spybot and uninstalled it.

I hope you take customer feedback on board. Thanks for an otherwise great product.

thank you for your feedback.

I think we can have a review on tradedoubler and maybe rethink our detection on it , depending on what turns up.
    born in the shadow to die in the shadow, that is the fate of the shinobi

Spybot S&D Downloads

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

this does not work anymore

how do you remove tradedoubler from spybot list as immunise keeps adding it back in how do i remove this without untick sdhelper

it no longer asks for blocking etc

exactly what method are you describing above as its vague if you mean right clicking SD resident and choosing from resident IE ask for blocking confirmation THEN this does not work anymore It never asks anything

tradedoubler keeps getting added to ie 7 privacy site always block after pressing immunise in spybot