Thread: iTUNES 6.2?

Default iTUNES 6.2?

Just downloaded the new updates and now iTunes 6.2 is being detected??? What's up with this? thanks!

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Please post the actual detection that you are getting. Run another scan. When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard" then paste those results to a new post.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Already Deleted

I've already deleted it and ran another scan and it did not come up. I also read the front page of Patrick's website where he talks about iTUNES 6.2-perhaps it was included in this round of detections.

Hi there Jimbo40.
    You are correct, the article is on the Home Page.
    Posting link for others who may not have seen it.
    A lot of discussions have taken place in the past few days about a new iTunes feature. When you update to iTunes 6.0.2, it will tell you the only new features are video preview in the shop and some bug fixes. But the most visible new feature you see once you have it installed is the so-called MiniStore - a not-so-small shop frame in the lower third of the main iTunes window. It displays albums similar to the ones you click inside your song database. Personally, I would regard a list of similar music as a good way to broaden my music horizon. But since there were so many public opinions and comments on this topic, some of our detectives decided to give it a deeper look.
    And our sign of dislike is the removal of the About iTunes.rtf file from iTunes, which is the one concealing this new spying feature.
    iTunes 6.0.2 - Spyware or not?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016