Thread: Error Invalid floating...

Question Error Invalid floating...

Hello guys i'm new to the forum.
    I'm right now working in my friends cabin and his computer is down and I left my stuff two states over.
    Usually A clean out Job will take me half an hour but I left my hard drive and flash card home with everything I need as of this second its been 8 hours. I've got the virus out finally (one Spybot Run took an hour and 20 min with barely anything on it) just setting his computer but the internet is slow as H3ll. My Spybot is giving me a error message "ERROR Invalid Floating Point Operation" It doesn't affect the use it seems, but no matter from who I download it from It is still there. I googled it but search engine are taking me like 15 minutes to load. So maybe you guys can help me.

OS-Windows XP home SP2
    CPU-Pentium4 3.00Ghz
    RAM-704mb

Mozilla Firefox V? Updated yesterday
    Spybot 1.5.1
    Adaware 2007
    AVG anti-Spyware
    Registry is Clean
    Antvirus- Was Norton ?Missing Now?

1. Is the error message a problem? When I press ok It works fine.
    2. Why is it there

Thanks ahead of time i'm just going to keep the page open after paintballing i'll refresh it 30.6 seconds. Much faster then searching.

Added- By The way Spybot kicks ass. Saved me a couple of times.
    Last edited by H1ddEN; 2007-10-21 at 19:32. Reason: Comment

Hello,

Some users have reported us similar problems:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=18404

The executable at this point has been created by InnoSetup, a widely spread setup engine, so this problem is somewhere part of InnoSetup, not yet of our own code.

We will try two things in the next days:

1. Using the MSI Installer; Since that's a completely different installation environment, the problem shouldn't appear there.

2. Updating to InnoSetup 5.2 (the Spybot installer was created with a 5.1 version), we will create a new Spybot installer using this new version of the installer engine, hoping that this problem no longer occurs with that version. We are going tto create a new installer for all the beta downloads.

Probably it has something to do something with a Vundu / Virtumonde infection.

This is a real good programme against Smitfraud and Virtumonde called VundoFix:
    http://www.atribune.org/content/view/24/2/

* Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
    * Put a check next to Run VundoFix as a task.
    * You will receive a message saying vundofix will close and re-open in a minute or less. Click OK
    * When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
    * Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
    * You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click YES
    * Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
    * When completed, it will prompt that it will shutdown your computer, click OK.
    * Turn your computer back on.

Further ComboFix might help.
    Download combofix.exe from one of the links below:
    http://www.techsupportforum.com/sect...s/ComboFix.exe
    http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Then double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Hello H1ddEN.

If there is any chance of the machine in question being infected please do the following.

Follow the procedure in this link: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance)

Then start your own thread in the Malware Removal Forum

A helper will advise you when available. Regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016