Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full immunization

Exclamation Full immunization

Spybot S&D conflicts with Spysweeper (I run 4.5) in that it is necessary to uncheck the Internet Security Shield under the list of Internet Explorer Shields under the Summary of Shields Tab after clicking the Shields icon in the left hand column.
    You can then update your immunizations, recheck the box in Shields/Summary of Shields Tab/Internet Explorer Shields/IE Security Shield.
    This way the full number of immunizations sticks beyond the currently updated session.

Glib
    Last edited by Glibness; 2006-01-22 at 02:49.

I'ld more say that Spysweeper conflicts with Spybot-S&D then, because it seems Spysweeper is undoing our immunization.
    We'll have to contact SpySweeper about it then.
    I would ask you to provide more details, but you've already cancelled your forum account, sorry
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default I have not had this immuniztion conflict with Spysweeper

I ran across this thread and wanted to inform that I have not had this problem.

I have had Spysweeper and Spybot S & D on my computer for some time now and have always been able to update and immunize. I have Spybot 1.4 and Spysweeper recently updated to 4.5.9 (build 709).

After the update of 1/27/06 I have 8702 immunized.

While installing Spybot 1.4, I believe that Spysweeper advised of changes and I instructed Spysweeper to keep the changes. Perhaps if you were to uninstall and reinstall Spybot 1.4, this could correct the situation.

I have had a lot of issues with Spysweeper as well as my colleagues, the office tech could not figure it out except that with it running in the background he felt it was the culprit causing great delays at start up and problems updating programs, one of which was spy bot.
    Since uninstall, everything is going fine with the particular programs that were having update problems.
    I know that Spysweeper comes so highly recommended, however we as a work group have decided to stick with Spybot and keep checking for updates and scanning regularly.
    I noticed in a prior post that a member had 8,000 + immunized and we show 10,082. Is this figure that we have accurate???

Regards

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

With an immunization count of 10082 it looks like you may only have updates through 2006-01-20. There were updates 2006-01-27 that should bring your count up to 10257, if my calculation is correct.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Immunization Number?

Just read MD's reply-

I then removed Spybot from my system-reinstalled-and then used a manual update(latest) and then an update through Spybot 1.4 and I still have the number of immunizations that I had before-which is a about 1500 short of MD's number.

Any help in clearing this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

stevek:

I'm sorry. My replay was intended to answer Siouxcity's query:

Quote Originally Posted by Siouxcity
    I noticed in a prior post that a member had 8,000 + immunized and we show 10,082. Is this figure that we have accurate???
    stevek: Your count of 8702 is correct after the 2006-01-27 updates. Siouxcity should have a count of 10257 after the 2006-01-27 detection rules updates.

The difference is because Siouxcity is evidently immunizing an additional account as I try to explain in these threads:
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2006-02-01 at 15:50.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default Thanks again MD

Thanks again MD-superior explanation-as usual .

My goof, as I had read those 2 threads-I especially remember(now) the 2d confirming the 8702.

In any event-just installed Spybot and having Spysweeper running with all shields on the whole time, I was able to get updates and fully immunize.

Cool SPYSWEEPER SECURITY SHIELD and SPYBOT FULL IMMUNIZATION

PepiMK, I'm still a part of the forum and have looked in now and again. Stevek mentioned to try reinstalling 1.4 and having another go at immunizations. I did a reinstall and it seemed to allow full immunization on a previous update, but the 3-10 update would not allow me to immunixe all 10,901 products without unchecking the SPYSWEEPER IE security shield.

Sure it says they are all immunized, until you close the program and reopen it.
    It did allow me to immunize about 130 or so products without the security shield unchecked but left 300+ unimmunized after the program was closed and opened again. The only way for ME to get the full immunization is as I first stated at the beginning of this thread.

By the way pepiMK, Spywareblaster has acknowledged that this is a problem for them and that the proper fix is to do as I have instructed.

Happy Putering

Glibness

I started having some problems with Spysweeper's IE shield and auto-updating Spywareblaster and Ewido-

Apparently there was a problem with the shield remembering what you told it to do. The rec of Spysweeper was to uninstall-restart-install-restart. I did this and it did correct part of the problem.

Also there is still a problem with the Spysweeper IE shield where it forgets some of your instructions upon a reboot(still does this to me on Spywareblaster)-this is supposed to be fixed shortly in an update.

This may be why the immunization worked once for you-if you restarted your computer in between the updates.

For me Spywareblaster autoupdate will work my first time online after restart-but not again until I restart again. For others it is just the opposite-will not work first time on after restart-but will work after that until restart again.

Whatever your problem is, I am sure it comes from Spysweeper.