Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immunisazion not completing

Default Immunisazion not completing

I am running Spybot v 1.5.1.17 on Win 2K Pro with ZoneAlarm Pro v 7.0.408.000 and CA AntiVirus v 8.4.0.24.

For 3 or 4 days Spybot has not completed the immunization process.

I have 7977 Uncompleted entries (and 36080 Protected). The Uncompleted entries comprise \Software (Cookies) 148; \Software (Domains) 6857; \Software (IPs) 77; & \Software (Plugins) 895. All other categories are fully immunized.

These Uncompleted entries first appeared after I downloaded the latest available updates. I understand that some entries do not normally become immunized unitl the computer has been re-booted but I have attempted to re-immunize many times (as well as re-booting on numerous occassions).

Still immunization does not complete. Any advice or suggestions?

Hello,

If you are not immunizing with full administrator rights, Spybot-S&D might not have enough permissions to fully immunize all user accounts.

If you are using Windows Vista, you should also read this FAQ entry about getting Administrator rights under Vista.

As a current solution you can try to "Undo" the Immunisation. Now the bad products are allowed.
    Then "Immunize" again. This should solve the problem for now.

Some more information is availible in our forum:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...d=1#post117162
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=78

Another thing though is that immunization only works properly while your browser is closed, since otherwise your browser will overwrite immunization from time to time from the settings it loaded when it was started.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks for your help Sandra. I am sorry to say that I still can't fix the problem. I have followed your advice and the others from the threads you included but to no avail. I am running Win2K Pro with administrator rights.

I tried to undo the immunization for the Uncompleted entries and then to re-immunize them and this achieved a decrease in the Uncompleted entries...but only temporarilly. The Uncompleted entries revert to the way they were (as I first reported them) the next time the immunization panel is opened!!

Any other suggestions would be welcome. In the meantime I am continue to operate with 7977 Uncompleted entries.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Using regedit check the permissions for the follwing registry key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

I know how to use regedit but I don't know how to find out the permissions on one hive like HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

How can I check that?

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

To check permissions on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE:
    • Go into Start > Run… > type "regedit" (no quotes) > then click "OK".
    • After the Registry Editor starts, right click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the left hand pane and select "permissions…".

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Are you sure that is an option with Win2K Pro? There is no permissions button when right clicking on any hive including HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

I have checked the permissions for regedit generally by going to the properties menu of its icon and these are set for full control.

No,I do not think Permissions is available in regedit.exe in windows 2000 with a rightclick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:W...00_REGEDIT.png
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows...stem_utilities
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/141377

I have checked permissions on the hive using regedt32.exe and advise that it includes Administrators and Users, both with Read and Full Control rights.

I will see if deleting the HOSTS file makes any difference to the Uncompleted immunization entries.

I don't think you ought to delete your hosts file.Do you have a backup of it,if you have deleted it already?The entries you showed were unimmunized do not have to do with your hosts file.->

I have 7977 Uncompleted entries (and 36080 Protected). The Uncompleted entries comprise \Software (Cookies) 148; \Software (Domains) 6857; \Software (IPs) 77; & \Software (Plugins) 895. All other categories are fully immunized.