Thread: Spybot Takes a Longtime To Lodeup HELP!!

Default Spybot Takes a Longtime To Lodeup HELP!!

Im using XP pro Not alot running at Startup im ok with pcs but i can't find out why Spybot - Serch & Destroy v1.5.1.15 is the build im running detection update: 10/24/2007. Can you please tell me why there is such a delay when i go to lode the program up? thanks

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

There were many reports of Spybot 1.5.1.15 starting slowly. The problem has been found and fixed. See the following tracking task (which includes a link for a fix to the problem):

In addition there is another beta version of Spybot 1.5 that solves the slow start as well as other known problems that have been encountered since the original release of Spybot 1.5:

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Default ? about new beta

thankyou for the post i put in the bata build i clicked on the link you gave me and installed it the faster boot works now much better with this build but one thing that i found odd when i went to immunize for the first time everything was already protected why would that be? could that be a bug? i uninstalled the old one and deleted all the folders everywhere even the ones in the doc/settings spybot folder that was hidden so i know i got everything out please let me know thanks

Hello.
    Just found this post in Forum and happy to say that I to had the dreaded "Slow Start Syndrome" with 1.5.15 but having downloaded the 'Beta' version and installed things have gone from Steam Driven to Hyperspace!

nearly forgot!
    One question still however nags me?

I see the icon in the 'TeaTimer' for "Resident IE".
    Could somebody please confirm that this also works with Mozilla Firefox please as I don't use IE as I am not impressed with it and its security aspects even in V7.
    Thanks.

Hello,

It also works for Mozilla.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default question

yes thanks for letting me know that about the beta build but i have one more question how do i find out when someone has posted a reply to a thread i started?? or do you just have to serch by the user name to find them also how can i find all the new posts of the day so that if i want to reply to some of them i can? also where do i find the lastest build in the forum like the one that you told me about so i can always keep the laties build in my system thanks