Thread: Can Resident SDHelper Be "Modified"?

Default Can Resident SDHelper Be "Modified"?

I've recently had a problem with Tracfone's homepage displaying properly and finally tracked it down to SpyBot's resident SDHelper blocking the atdmt.com domain which for some reason Tracfone uses for almost all of their homepage images. Is there a setting or file that can be modified to allow Tracfone's page to display properly without unblocking everything else from atdmt.com?

On the off chance that something other than SpyBot is the "problem" could someone else please test and see if you get the same results? I have to disable SDHelper in order for the page to load correctly.

http://www.tracfone.com/index.jsp

Hello,

Please open the Tools menu in your Internet Explorer and choose 'Spybot - Search Destroy Configuration'.
    There you will find a drop down menu where you should select "Ask for blocking confirmation".
    http://www.safer-networking.org/en/s...d15/index.html (3rd picture)
    If you want to visit a blocked website choose "Allow". Hope this solves the problem.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Thanks for the quick reply. Since I'm not finding the option you mention in the tools menu I'm going to assume that this is a feature found in IE7, and I'm using IE6, which as far as I can determine only allows add-ons to be enabled or disabled. Is there any other method you know of to accomplish the same thing?

Sorry, I guess I've gone completely stupid. The configuration option is indeed under the tools menu... when you have SDHelper enabled. Thanks!