Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: False positive for Smitfraud-C?

Kavu2

Hello Yodama...
    I also had previously posted(in the duplicate thread) about the Smitfraud-C item:

-------------------
    Smitfraud-C.: [SBI $72299D84] Settings (Registry key, nothing done)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\
    ---------------------

I updated the 'small update' from PepiMK(11/01/07 ?)...however the Smitfraud-C item still showed in subsequent scans. I have not let SpybotSD 'fix' it. I tried a WindowsXP system restore, but the item still showed. I uninstalled SpybotSD and reinstalled, updated, scanned and it still shows. I have had no ill effects that I can see on the computer...everything *seems* to be working fine.

I have now checked for updates, re-scanned, viewed report, exported and saved the report. I will email it to the 'detections' email addie listed above.

Thank you in advance for assisting in this matter.
    Kavu2

Exclamation i too, experianced the same prob that alexxmuller is dealing with

I will send a log, thanks for your info on this issue. I checked for updates using spybot 1.5 however no updates were found. I guess they will be released on Wednesday (today) like usual? My computers works fine and i have no problems with my desktop or background that Smitfraud-C is supposed to cause. My info can be found on this thread ALONG with another problem i am experiencing.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=19767
    Last edited by 129260; 2007-11-07 at 14:16.

Did you already download today´s updates?
    "The advantage of wisdom is that you can always act the fool. The opposite is quite tough."

K. Tucholsky

Please help us improve Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Kavu2

Arrow Smitfraud-C Follow up(11/07/07)

>Yodama et al...

Follow up posting (11/07/07)...

Today's SpybotSD update seems to have resolved my Smitfraud-C issue as it longer shows up after the update and subsequent scan.:

'Congratulations! No immediate threats were found'

Thank you to the Spybot team for their time and efforts...much appreciated!

Kavu2

Lightbulb no, at the time i wasnt at home when i posted that.

sry about that i was talking about on monday and tuesday i checked for updates on spybot and there were none. I then remembered you guys release updates on Wednesday. I am updating spybot now and i will scan. I'll let you guys know if Smitfraud-C shows up still. Also, for ppl not knowing, if someone else removed this item and never knew there add/remove programs stopped working, (cause thats what happened to me when i removed it, luckily i checked it.) would the update you release fix that? and undo what spybot did when it removed this item? j/w thanks
    Last edited by 129260; 2007-11-07 at 19:14.

Talking I ran spybot with all updates downloaded....

and it no longer shows up!! thanks alot guys for your hard work and help and support. just wanted to let you know your updates worked fine.