Thread: Immunization

Question Immunization

Hi

I have Spybot 1.4 and after my latest update and immunization(1/20/06) I show 2452 bad products blocked. My question is: Why does my friend who runs Win XP Pro show 8556 blocked, and I show only 2452 blocked??

I have heard that different OS's have differing numbers of bad products blocked, but there is a HUGH difference between having 8556 and only 2452 blocked.

I have Win Me and would like to know what the correct number of bad products blocked should be right now for my OS.

Thanks!!

Dizzy Blonde

Edit: My concern is~~is there something wrong with my Spybot S&S since I have so few bad products blocked? Do I need to uninstall and re install it? Everthing seems to work okay when I update and immunize. Can someone please tell me if having only 2452 bad products blocked is correct for Me. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by Dizzy Blonde; 2006-01-24 at 20:36.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy Blonde
    I have heard that different OS's have differing numbers of bad products blocked, but there is a HUGH difference between having 8556 and only 2452 blocked.
    There is a HUGE difference between Windows ME and XP. Spybot adds the same immunization to more registry hives in the XP system then in the ME system so the counts are higher.

With the updates of 2006-01-27 there were 29 additions to the sites placed in the restricted zone by domain (site name) and 1 addition to the sites placed in the restricted zone by range (IP address) then there were with the 2006-01-20 updates.

Your immunization count should go from 2452 to 2482, an increase of 30. Your friend's XP system should go from 8556 to 8702 and increase of 146, which increases the gap between the two even more.

Why 146? 29 * 5 + 1 = 146. The immunization of each site placed in the restricted zone by domain (site name) is counted 5 times in the XP system.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Your immunization count should go from 2452 to 2482, an increase of 30

md usa spybot fan

Thanks so much for your helpful detailed explanation!! My immunization count is now 2482 just as you said it should be, so all is well in Spybot Land.

Thanks again for replying!!

Dizzy Blonde