Thread: Opening Shortcut brings up Download File

Default Opening Shortcut brings up Download File

I downloaded the new version and have the shortcut on my desktop like always. Everytime I click to open it...instead of getting the interface of the program, I get what appears to be the download file offering to Run or Save. If I click on Run, then the Program Interface opens. What is going on. Others I have talked to by email that have downloaded it say this is not happening to them. This is my first post so hope I can find the answer on return.

Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
    I downloaded the new version and have the shortcut on my desktop like always. Everytime I click to open it...instead of getting the interface of the program, I get what appears to be the download file offering to Run or Save. If I click on Run, then the Program Interface opens. What is going on. Others I have talked to by email that have downloaded it say this is not happening to them. This is my first post so hope I can find the answer on return.
    This is what I get when I click on the shortcut.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

That is a just a warning that the program was added or modified, not installed.

Just click the Run button to start Spybot - Search & Destroy.

If you do not what the warning dialog to appear each time you start Spybot - Search & Destroy, uncheck the following before clicking the RUN button:
    • Always ask before opening this file

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Thank you so much...I thought for sure I was losing my mind. LOL And such a simple resolve.